Torrent reinvented

Looks awesome. I'm actually on the verge of buying a new Netword Media Player to replace my Popcorn Hour A200. You know of any media players that support this yet? Would be awesome to be able to do this directly with the NMT.

uTorrent also offers movie streaming via torrents. Nothing new, aside from perhaps a more intuitive gui.

I've meddled with that. uTorrent streaming protocol is not as fast and lags frequently. I went to using streaming links like what Matt uses above but the ads, and 6 pop-ups and pop-unders that screams at you before you even start watching was getting on my nerves.

The quality of videos is another major selling point (well it's free), starts only at 720p HD. I've never really been able to stream 720p thru uTorrent without it buffering every 5 minutes. http://prntscr.com/303tai

Popcorn time is a god-sent for countries with heavy censorship. It's not that I don't want to pay, watching Wolf of Wall Street with all the nudity censored out is just not the same. Popcorn Time covered on time.com Popcorn Time App Is So Good at Movie Piracy, It’s Scary - TIME

Popcorn Time is to bittorrent what IOS is to DOS.

I honestly want more controls in popcorn time; it's simply braindead simple.

Heck, It makes using Netflix look like typing at a command prompt!

This is disasterous for the MPAA. Up until now they've counted on 2 things to keep their sales up:

1. People believeing the propaganda that copying is theft.
2. People not having the technical expertise to torrent well.

Oops, make that just the first thing now.

Tell me something. How long does it take to buffer a movie? The progress bar doesn't really seem to move after minutes. If it takes what seems forever on a 50mb connection, this thing will die on the vine pretty fast.

Tell me something. How long does it take to buffer a movie? The progress bar doesn't really seem to move after minutes. If it takes what seems forever on a 50mb connection, this thing will die on the vine pretty fast.

I'm using it through a 5MB connection and a 720p HD movie streams almost immediately, I can move the progress slider forward no problem. Just watched my first movie, 90 minutes long, no probs. I'm also in South East Asia if that matters.

I'm using it through a 5MB connection and a 720p HD movie streams almost immediately, I can move the progress slider forward no problem. Just watched my first movie, 90 minutes long, no probs. I'm also in South East Asia if that matters.

Ya it's strange. I finally found one that went almost instantly. Of the 5 i tried had instant feedback on 1. The other 4 seem like they are just hanging around doing nothing. Must be some kind of bug in the beta.

This wont be around for long. Domain is only a month old etc.

Looking at the source on github it has a dependency on a host (subapi.com - I assume it's theirs too, fresh reg) that will almost certainly be nuked to death, plus i imagine it'll get remove from github soonish.

Also, I expect some films will stream OK simply because of seeding, but basically this is a front end to yify-torrents, some of their older torrents have little/no seeds so wont stream well at all.

Also, streaming torrents wont work long term, the spread of the data will be front heavy, people will struggle for bandwidth toward the end of the film as sources dry up.

The source may be available, but it wont work without that subapi (or substitute), and I cant see many volunteers for getting involved making clones of the binaries and subapi equiv.

This wont be around for long. Domain is only a month old etc.

Looking at the source on github it has a dependency on a host (subapi.com - I assume it's theirs too, fresh reg) that will almost certainly be nuked to death, plus i imagine it'll get remove from github soonish.

Also, I expect some films will stream OK simply because of seeding, but basically this is a front end to yify-torrents, some of their older torrents have little/no seeds so wont stream well at all.

Also, streaming torrents wont work long term, the spread of the data will be front heavy, people will struggle for bandwidth toward the end of the film as sources dry up.

The source may be available, but it wont work without that subapi (or substitute), and I cant see many volunteers for getting involved making clones of the binaries and subapi equiv.

You make some strong arguments. It doesnt really matter if this one makes it or not. If it works (i'm not convinced it does) it will be copied, and improved. It's alot harder to get the rabbit back in the box.

The real problem people will have is when they start getting six strike notices from their ISP. Most people will just run away scared.

I've not looked, I assume there is a torrent of the binaries?

Tried to download the Windows version and it says the link isn't available anymore

Download link not working anymore. That was quick

I've not looked, I assume there is a torrent of the binaries?
Just created one, and backed it up with 170 mbps upload in the EU and 80 in North America. Download links for Install_Popcorn_Time_Beta_2.5.exe.torrent - Mirrorcreator - Upload files to multiple hosts

Originally downloaded direct from the creator's website.
http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/BNZCFN52/Install_Popcorn_Time_Beta_2.5.exe.torrent_links