To .com or To .info that is the question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenvy

Worseless Webmaster
Sep 29, 2006
PDX
Do you guys think a .com reign over a .info?

For an Landing Page or Arbitrage....and also in SERP

Last edited:

.com is king. All of my domains are .com.

Although, godaddy is still running that .99 cents .info sale. Might be worth it to buy a few good .info names and sell them in the future.

Just my two cents.

If you want people to remember your domain for type-ins, go dot com. If you don't care if people remember your domain, and you are really cheap, go .info.

.com is king. All of my domains are .com.

Although, godaddy is still running that .99 cents .info sale. Might be worth it to buy a few good .info names and sell them in the future.

Just my two cents.

hahaha that was the whole reason i asked the question....that .info offer looks to tempting!

If you want people to remember your domain for type-ins, go dot com. If you don't care if people remember your domain, and you are really cheap, go .info.

what if my domain includes dashes? ex blah-blah-blah.com or .info

i was thinking getting .info instead of a .com because of the dashes....but not to sure how well .info rank in SE

I have a .info for one of my legitimate projects.
I registered before I knew any better, but seems to have had no impact on my SE [that I am aware of]

I rank pretty well for some good terms [and I dont even specifically target any at the minute]

I wonder if its more of an initial SE thing, i.e. initially you may take a hit, but if you get enough good links and optimise enough there should be no reason why a .info cant rank up with a .com?

But they are cheaper so maybe for arbitrage its better? Plus you can probably get better names

if the purpose of the site is to make you money then go with .info... its cheaper!

I think i remember Jon saying he bought 2000(?) domains with this deal?

If you don't give a shit about what happens later with the site, get the .info. This would apply to spammy blogs etc. However if this is a long term project that will take you awhile to build, and you are actually going to put in more than 3 hours building it, I would consider the .com domain.

Is this .info avoidance from experience? As I mentioned I rank pretty well for a lot of my terms and have a fairly popular site on a .info domain?

I see no reason why it has affected my ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.