Thinking of buying a Dell XPS M1730

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a Dell XPS 400 and 600, quite possibly the best pc's I've ever owned. I was looking at the M class for a while now, definitely need to get a few new XPS systems when I finally decide to part with the two I have now. I feel like the guy in the Subaru commercial where he doesn't want to trade the old car in for a better new one. I don't care what anyone says, XPS systems are awesome. Although the Lenovo desktop I just saw looks like it could be a close competitor for me. Even so, definitely getting at least one new XPS system by the Fall.

I have the Dell XPS M1330 8 gigs and solid state drive, and honestly the best investment i ever made. Def get the solid state drive its worth it! The amount of Gigs is key too, 6 gigs min, but 8 preferred ;)

No it isn't, unless you use some seriously resource intensive programs, 4g is almost always plenty, I'd bet you go nowhere near 4g. SSDs are awesome though.

*I would also reconsider using a laptop instead of a desktop, IMO it is always better to buy a good desktop and just a reasonable laptop for traveling.

*Using laptops fulltime tilts the fuck out of me, so i'm biased.

The XPS line is pretty sweet all around. From lappies to desktops.

Plus you can actually go to a store and touch them unlike some gaming one offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.