The million Dollar Q ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug

Jun 27, 2006
Hello, here's the million dollar question ????

How much money do you think you could bring in with
a domain name like smokers.com ? I will list out
several of the sub domains I came up with and I am sure there
are many many more..............
cigar.smokers.com
pipe.smokers.com
anti.smokers.com
pro.smokers.com
cigarettte.smokers
quit-smokeing.smokers.com and the list goes on...................

Very interested on your input on this Q
What do you think can be made of this ?
What would you do with it ?
Keep in mind many people like Adsense do not
allow tobacco sites ??
Doug

ChrisS said:
Adsense doesn't allow tobacco sites?!

True.

It all depends what you want to do? Do you want to sell those products? Do you want to sell them for affiliates? Do you want to start a community against using tobacco?

You can make money off of nearly anything. How you approach it, and how much money you make is up to you.

Well I'm a huge cigar fan. I was thinking about doing a site for cigar newbies.

I guess there is always affiliate programs and smaller ad networks.

I have a cigar site, started it early 2005. Except for Father's Day, the payouts suck. As an example, last month I sent them 336 clicks, made $1.53. Do that math. I suspect I could make more if I could get searchfeed running on it, but I'm not interested in doing all that work to make $20 instead of $1.

Your best bet would probably getting companies to buy ads directly. If you can do stuff with cuban cigars, those guys will pay.

I'm sure Jon would endorse it, or be a spokesman for it....in exchange for some smokes of course.

Nice domain.

-You could sell bbq smokers & grills. If you google 'smokers' the majority of ads are for grills. Have you tested the traffic w/this niche? You might have a lot of traffic looking for grills instead of smoking products.

-If you go the smoking route, I would make it into a place for all smokers and not limit it to one niche...
cigars, pipes, tobacco, marijuana (see herbalaffiliateprogram.com - cannabis.com and marijuana.com do well with them). You can use adbrite and maybe a few others for contextual advertsing.

-Anti-smoking programs and products typically pay ok. You could set up a support group (forum) so people come back daily...

agree that you should sell ads directly. Create a decent site, get some pagerank and then find a few people in each niche (pipe, cigar) etc. to pay you $10 or $20 per month to be listed. Get 10 of those people and you make $2500 per year, and that is before you even get any real traffic....

Status
Not open for further replies.