The Hobbit Trailer

Tolken was a racist. In all seriousness never realized I don't remember a colored person in LOTR either. All races are white!

Yah, and the females were only mentioned in passing(book). So chalk Tolkien up to a Gay Racist.... But great stories nonetheless:D

Tolken was a racist. In all seriousness never realized I don't remember a colored person in LOTR either. All races are white!

Middle-earth fanatic input:

There actually are dark-skinned men in middle-earth lore, but they reside far to the east of where all the action in The Hobbit and LOTR takes place so you hardly see them at all. Remember those 'easterling' fellows that look like shredder who fought for Sauron? They were men from the east with a grudge against the men of the west, and from what I remember they were brown/dark when described in the novels. They rode the oliphaunts (elephants) in return of the king, and they had the most badass horn in the movies. Tolkien didn't go into much detail about the eastern regions of middle-earth so we don't really know much about the civilizations that the dark-skinned men come from.

That whole "black people can't audition for hobbits" controversy? I wouldn't have it any other way, hobbits aren't black, they are about as far west as you can get without bumping into fucking valinor, end of story.

The Hobbit movie? Looks fucking amazing and I wont jizz for an entire week in advance so I can blow a gigantic load in the movie theater and drizzle it onto my popcorn.

Guys, watch the production videos. My respect for Peter Jackson and the entire crew just grew x 100

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOhk3HE_-YY]The Hobbit - Official Production Video #1 [HD] - YouTube[/ame]