The Code of Ad Blocking | Adobe

They should have spent more time and money fixing the holes in flash player.

The line will continue to blur between what's an ad, and what's not.

Promoted Content vs Real Content
Native Ads vs. On-Site Links

that feel when you don't want people who use adblock viewing your ads anyway
Yeah in a way it is a good thing.

These tech savvy people are not the ones that are going to succumb to marketing gimmicks so paying for their view is a waste.

Yeah in a way it is a good thing.

These tech savvy people are not the ones that are going to succumb to marketing gimmicks so paying for their view is a waste.

nwQuwLo.jpg

My9KcGb.png

Does anyone know how Adblock extensions work in regards to ad spend/impressions?

For example if you are paying $1 CPM for an ad placement, and 30% of the users have adblock...what happens? Do still pay for those blocked ads? Does the site owner eat up the loss?

Does anyone know how Adblock extensions work in regards to ad spend/impressions?

For example if you are paying $1 CPM for an ad placement, and 30% of the users have adblock...what happens? Do still pay for those blocked ads? Does the site owner eat up the loss?

Sort answer, there is no way to know without testing the network with each particular ad-block software.

I did a quick test with ABP blocking ads on WF and on the first test, advert data was still being pulled from the server (although in my estimate, not enough to bill the advertisers if it was CPM) but after I loosened up the filter it wasn't pulling any data from the network at all.

But that was just a 5 minutes test with ABP, make of it what you will.

The Chrome version of adblock did not actually prevent the ad from loading, just hidden.

But the Firefox version did, completely blocked it. This was awhile ago when I was looking into this myself.

And it's not surprising in the least because then Google would continue to $$$