The Bitcoin Ship Has Sailed - Let's Talk Litecoins

Ripples are nearly worthless

Of course they are. Just like Bitcoins were when launched. My suggestion was simply that if they were giving them away, get some, just in case something came of it. Especially if you could trade them later for something with value (USD or bitcoin).

And yes, hellblazer, this is the new "craze". My view is that it's just an opportunity. A bit like the dot.com boom when lots of clueless Wall Street money got funnelled towards lots of tech types. Pretty much none of the ventures came off, bar Google. But some people got rich on the back of it.

My guess is that we'll see a lot of Ripple-type stuff being launched as the moneymen wonder if there is profit to be made in cryptocurrencies.

My advice is don't get upset that they're doing this, don't get attached to any currency - currencies are just tokens that's all - just see if you can take advantage of it all. And nobody has to buy into any philosophy to play. Switch everything into your home currency and pay off your mortgage when you're done if that's what's important to you :)

Why the heck would a currency scheme based on taking perfectly useful processing power and squandering it be a good way to create the foundation for a currency.

Come on people, use your thinking caps.
Value in a macro economic sense is created by increasing the quantity of resources and the efficiency of there use.
This wasting perfectly good computing power on crypto puzzles is ridiculous.

All these "currencies" are just a bunch of herd mentality based ponzi schemes designed to entrap geeky yet stupid people.

Amazingly there appear to be so damn many of them that its working.
That still doesnt mean its a good use of your time or money spending even 1 second thinking about it.

Why the heck would a currency scheme based on taking perfectly useful processing power and squandering it be a good way to create the foundation for a currency.

Value in a macro economic sense is created by increasing the quantity of resources and the efficiency of there use.

All these "currencies" are just a bunch of herd mentality based ponzi schemes designed to entrap geeky yet stupid people.

That still doesnt mean its a good use of your time or money spending even 1 second thinking about it.

Let's ignore your continual mistakes with basic grammar, and instead focus on the debate at hand.

Do you disagree with with SSL or SSH? Both use similar "crypto puzzles."

wat.

BTC at $164 u mad bro?
If someone wanted to purchase a domain or a BST package from you with BTC, would you turn them down?

Physical gold and silver. I try to buy some each month. My time horizon is 5 to 10 years out. I'm in the Marc Faber camp.

I have some stock in my Health Savings Account because I can't hold physical gold and silver there. However, it's in the Sprott Physical Gold and Silver Trusts.
Wait, you don't take physical possession?

Wait, you don't take physical possession?

I wouldn't give ANY merit to anyone who has money invested in silver or gold paper and not physical.

If you don't have physical, there's no reason to own it unless you're doing short term speculation. There's 50x more paper out there right now than there is proven worldwide reserves (Let alone only the stuff that has been mined). Should there ever be a run on comex silver/gold, and the paper even attempt to back it up with physical, you're going to get fractions of a penny per dollar.

Now, if you're doing it for short term speculative reasons then you're fine, I buy SLV puts when I buy large amounts of silver as downside protection, then sell out when I move the inventory.

I wouldn't give ANY merit to anyone who has money invested in silver or gold paper and not physical.

If you don't have physical, there's no reason to own it unless you're doing short term speculation. There's 50x more paper out there right now than there is proven worldwide reserves (Let alone only the stuff that has been mined). Should there ever be a run on comex silver/gold, and the paper even attempt to back it up with physical, you're going to get fractions of a penny per dollar.

Now, if you're doing it for short term speculative reasons then you're fine, I buy SLV puts when I buy large amounts of silver as downside protection, then sell out when I move the inventory.
I agree, that's why I was questioning it. I'm sitting on a few thousand ounces of silver myself.

Can't wait to see how high Litecoins goes, before the new {insert random word}coins takes its place.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esr4MEu20bs]Champipple - Sanford & Son - YouTube[/ame]

When will you be adding Litecoin (LTC) to Mt. Gox?

Soon. We were planning on doing so two weeks ago, but events derailed that plan. Right
now we are focused on overall stability of the exchange, and will launch LTC when we are
ready. Otherwise we could be further complicating things.

This also discusses their DDoS issues:

https://mtgox.com/pdf/20130424_ddos_statement_and_faq.pdf

Currently at $3.26 and gaining on LTC/BTC. This doesn't mean it won't retreat a bit but people are mostly going to buy+hold till it's unveiled at MtGox.

Good luck bros.

Fuck silver. Fuck gold. Fuck stocks. Fuck forex. Fuck Bitcoin. Fuck Litecoin.

Invest in Jews and diamonds.

/investing

Agree with Jon, fuck gaywebmastercoins

Invest in

Fresh-Air-Hong-Kong-5.jpg

Good luck bros.

(Second can is "Horse Flavor"? Wtf?)

I especially like the BTC-e registration form. Small check box at the bottom, "I agree to terms". No link to the terms or anything, just the checkbox.