Terrorism hits Norway...

Do these religionofpeace folks seem to be picking less elaborate and easy targets? or is it just me? I mean, Norway, come on. Leave them alone.

Is it just me, or did I not see where the article says it was terrorism, or who the terrorists were?

Is it just me, or did I not see where the article says it was terrorism, or who the terrorists were?

sdcVq.jpg

I don't think that's the result of a ruptured gas line

I don't think that's the result of a ruptured gas line
This either.

dresden.jpg

That picture is of Dresden after the allies bombed it. Massive damage is usually done by states.

What's interesting is that this sounds like a fairly sophisticated bomb in Norway, and yet someone made the point, "Why Norway?"

It's definately a terrorist attack. Norwegian Police have stated it was a bomb, but you are right that no one can be blamed until the full facts come out.

However, Norway maybe a target due to its involvement in Afghanistan. Also, wasn't it a Norwegian paper that published a cartoon of the Prophet Muhammad? a real no no to Muslim fanatics.

That picture is of Dresden after the allies bombed it. Massive damage is usually done by states.

The Oklahoma City bombing resulted in 20 fatalities and over 100 casualties and that was the result of domestic terrorism. 241 deaths came from the Beirut Marine barracks bombing in '83; so the damage in Oslo, with only two fatalities (so far) is easily within the realm of a terrorist attack.

What's interesting is that this sounds like a fairly sophisticated bomb in Norway, and yet someone made the point, "Why Norway?"

If it was a terrorist attack and people are asking "why Norway" the same could have been asked about Oklahoma City (as opposed to Washington, NY, etc...) government buildings that were easier to target.

Religion of peace has the right to kill everyone else (according to their "Book")