Systema - Russian Martial Arts

Luckily I haven't been in a fight for 6-7 years and I avoid them at all costs, but I have seen and been involved in plenty of fights, been kicked in the face and worse as a teenager. Stomping and kicking heads is common and can very real kill you. Get in, hit hard, run. That is the only tactic worth pursuing imo.

I got into fights when I was younger also. But I never kicked people in the face; Im a nice guy. I usually beat people down with my hands and was naturally very agile. Most people had a hard time with me. But I never started the fight.

I get what you're saying.
But most people dont even know how to kick with the shin. Which is much more deadly then kicking with the top part of your foot.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCHmp0-ekuU"]Kickboxing Exercises : Kickboxing technique: shin kick - YouTube[/ame]

Kicking actually exposes a person to a take down.

MMA vs Street Fighter. Without a take down.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz3PwYklMXQ"]MMA FIGHTER VS STREET THUG ! - YouTube[/ame]

Some of the most boring shit actually works the best. Thats why you cant put a boxer with an mma fighter in the same ring with free rules. Its the same on the street. Most people start swinging: but if you know what youre doing its very easy to take someone down thats not trained for it. That would be 99% of assholes getting drunk and thinking their bad ass.

And you dont even need to kill them with a gun. My kid will have basic MMA training when the time comes.

Never let someone touch your face, never let someone tie your arm or leg.
Dismantle his hands and hit him at your half arm distance.
These are the simple rules that Systema and Krav Maga give.

If you're in doubt about how dangerous it is to end up on the ground watch this video from PRIDE FC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diHYAa65Hzs

Lots of people think that going to the ground is cool because they watch UFC, where the rules prohibit kicks to a grounded opponent.

If after watching that vid, you still think going to the ground is a good idea in a fight, then good luck to you.

PS. why doesnt the video embed?

If you're in doubt about how dangerous it is to end up on the ground watch this video from PRIDE FC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diHYAa65Hzs

Lots of people think that going to the ground is cool because they watch UFC, where the rules prohibit kicks to a grounded opponent.

If after watching that vid, you still think going to the ground is a good idea in a fight, then good luck to you.

PS. why doesnt the video embed?

And this is exactly why you should train BJJ, wrestling or judo. So you can take someone down and kick/knee him if you want or if you land on the bottom you can quickly reverse the situation with a sweep or stand up.

You need standup, clinch and ground skills to be well rounded. If you think you can get good at any of those without live sparring, then you live in a fantasy world.

You can do some irreparairable damage in a street fight with a knowledge of BJJ, but don't underestimate your vulnerabilities when you're on the ground in those situations. If the person you're defending yourself against came with another person or group of people, you're going to be in a world of hurt. And this happens enough that it's worth seriously considering.

Krav Maga is considered to be one of the most effective and applicable self-defense MAs. Look into it.

And this is exactly why you should train BJJ, wrestling or judo. So you can take someone down and kick/knee him if you want or if you land on the bottom you can quickly reverse the situation with a sweep or stand up.

You need standup, clinch and ground skills to be well rounded. If you think you can get good at any of those without live sparring, then you live in a fantasy world.

Yes, you need to know BJJ, Judo and Wrestling to avoid going to the ground or get your opponnent down without going down yourself. For streetfighting and selfdefense, I would probably prefer Judo over BJJ because the legshoot in BJJ sets you up for a beatdown, while Judo has many more throws and trips from the clinch.

Also, keep in mind that being in the guard on asphalt or stone isn't nowhere near as pleasent as on a mat. A few punches which bounce your head against concrete can kill you. Not to mention trying a throw and landing on your should or even worse on your neck.

I think the MMA movement is dangerous if people think the ground is a place you want to be in a streetfight.

You guys are doing it all wrong.

pg7Pyxb.gif

I once witnessed 2 tramps asking elegant man for some spare coins. They weren't even pushy or anything. The guy told them to back off and announced he's the owner of black belt. They tried to relax the situation but the guy told them to back off as he doesn't want to use his karate skills on them...

So one of the tramps knocked out karate master, other took master's wallet. The End.

The thing is, if you don't have right mindset your skills are useless. The difference between real fighter and someone who attends his George Ronalds Sunday Karate Club is like a difference between someone who develops his own business and business developer on salary. I don't know if I made any point here but I like to see my posts published.

I once witnessed 2 tramps asking elegant man for some spare coins. They weren't even pushy or anything. The guy told them to back off and announced he's the owner of black belt. They tried to relax the situation but the guy told them to back off as he doesn't want to use his karate skills on them...

So one of the tramps knocked out karate master, other took master's wallet. The End.

The thing is, if you don't have right mindset your skills are useless. The difference between real fighter and someone who attends his George Ronalds Sunday Karate Club is like a difference between someone who develops his own business and business developer on salary. I don't know if I made any point here but I like to see my posts published.

t_Ki1ub81jo.jpg