Splog & Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick

Superstar DJ!
Oct 5, 2006
Button Moon
If someone was to host a Splog on a reseller account where they have other have other WH sites would it cause problems for any of the sites i.e would google ban the I.P?

google most likely won't ban the IP.. just the site.

think how many IP's are hosted on reseller plans.

i would've fucked up thousands of legitimate sites by now.

If someone was to host a Splog on a reseller account where they have other have other WH sites would it cause problems for any of the sites i.e would google ban the I.P?

Generally, no. BHs usually host many splogs on a single RA (reseller account). But it's not wise to interlink the splogs. More importantly, give the splogs a nice WH look, and therefore they may overcome a quick visual inspection. Also, are you using a new domain, expired domain or existing domain with some PR?

I have a few older domains with a pr 2 and I have access to a site which lists expired domains with PR. Am I right to think as long as its showing PR then its not blacklisted?

Thanks

I have a few older domains with a pr 2 and I have access to a site which lists expired domains with PR. Am I right to think as long as its showing PR then its not blacklisted?Thanks

They should be fine.

If PageRank is greyed-out, then it's almost certainly banned. Also, check out backlinks when buying domains: if there are many and they are spammy, that's probably an indicator of a previous spam site.

Using existing domains with some PR is the way to go for BH - it's much easier to get traffic! (New domains can be used but I've found it's getting much more difficult to rank quickly and quality backlinks are especially important - this is possibly to counter the onslaught of spam.)

Thanks, and should I just submit to directories, put out a couple of articles then go from there ;)

Yep, as well, manually commenting on blogs that don't use the 'no follow' tag can be very effective - especially if you get the link in the body of the comment!

For instance, find a related post on some high PR blog and create a similar but complimentary post on your splog, then leave a comment on the high PR blog with a link to your relevant post! I've found most times, the blog owners leave the link in place... and a few high PR links does wonders for a site in the SERPs especially for G anyway!

manually??
(come on brad :D )

:1bluewinky:

But, seriously, I'm finding it much more effective to get a small number of high-quality backlinks rather than hundreds of low quality links... times are changing! Likewise, in the past, you could get reasonable traffic levels with new domains but it seems much more difficult now... so, IMO, buying existing domains with some PR and throwing a few HQ links at them seems the right way to go!

Maverick: what do you already know about BH? Do you have any coding skills (php, JS, perl, etc)?

Status
Not open for further replies.