Software you can't live without?

Status
Not open for further replies.

That bonzibuddy stuff is full of spyware :D For my self Flashfxp, Photoshop, Zend Studio/Dreamweaver and Visual Studio 2008 :)

Heh. A lot of the stuff you guys are posting are things that have viable alternatives. I thought this was supposed to be a list of stuff you "couldn't live without" not just stuff you use all the time.

Oh yeah, another program I would hate to live without is Taskbar Shuffle. It allows you to move programs around on your task bar, so they can be in the order you want. I have a very specific order I like my apps in.

If I had to go with stuff I use all the time, I'd say Photoshop, SecureCRT, FileZilla, Sftpdrive, Trillian, EverNote, Winamp, WinRar, uTorrent, MS Excel, MS Word, Google Docs, Firefox, Thunderbird, VNC, Media Player Classic, mIRC, Foxit Reader, StyleXP, Crimson Editor. (And Everquest and Macroquest.)

Reactions: Xrproto
Roboform. And also Photoshop. Even though it has alternatives, it's the best one.

There are alternatives to everything I use except Synergy. That shit is gold.

Photoshop is pretty damn good, but I can probably do 99% of the same shit with other software. There is no other Synergy.

i second that,awesome piece of software.

what does synergy do? too broad of a term to search for.
Synergy lets you control another PC with one keyboard and mouse, sort of like a software KVM switch, without the V.

So, for example, you have a PC sitting next to you with Linux on it, and it has its own monitor. Synergy lets you move your mouse to the monitor next to yours, and suddenly your mouse and keyboard are active for that PC instead of your other one. I believe there are versions for Linux, Windows, and OSX, server and client.

notetab.
dreamweaver mx 2004 (no i dont want an upgrade) :p
portable firefox
portable opera
thunderbird
pstart (good for portable shortcuts)
4t tray
trillian
avg
ms office expecially excel for datafeeds
cute ftp pro.

:)

UTorrent Avast AntiVirus SpyBot Spyware remover. ZoneAlarm Firewall KeyScrambler OpenOffice CuteFTP GoogleTalk Dreamweaver VLC Firefox and many other small programs which include PIXIE! i cant live without that 90kb of standalone software.

winamp
msn messenger (or equivalent)
photoshop
winamp
papad or notepad++
filezilla
xampp
winamp
antivir
gomplayer

did I mention winamp?

Status