Social Networking/Review Site platform recommendations wanted

LazyHippy

Apr 9, 2007
Anyone got any experience with any of the social networking or review site platforms out there?

I'm ideally looking for a kind of cross between MeePlace and Dolphin.

Essentials are embedded music and vids in profiles and some sort of rating system for reviewers. The ability to add live audio/video streaming would be very useful too (no, it's not pron).

Had a look at quite a few scripts and as yet not found anything that can do what I'm looking for out of the box.

Appreciate any suggestions, ta.

Take a look a Joomla/Community Builder (module) w/ a custom template. It's the best thing out there. Google it!

If you happen to be building a music community, hit me up. I'm trying to do the same thing, but very locally focused, and would love to brainstorm some ideas. Particularly in terms of software.

Check out Jamroom. It's a bit overly complicated for my tastes, but seems very powerful.

Bizzy... I looked at it a while back. Could probably do what I need but would need a fair bit of customisation.

Jamroom looks good, pricing structure seems a bit over-complicated and not sure about the review side of things but certainly worth looking into more.

Yeah, it's a local music community with a heavy focus on live gigs and dj sets, be good to bounce ideas about. I'll try and grab you on AIM later.

Bizzy... I looked at it a while back. Could probably do what I need but would need a fair bit of customisation.

Jamroom looks good, pricing structure seems a bit over-complicated and not sure about the review side of things but certainly worth looking into more.

Yeah, it's a local music community with a heavy focus on live gigs and dj sets, be good to bounce ideas about. I'll try and grab you on AIM later.
This is exactly what I'm trying to do. Hit me up, dude!