So I'm all Androided Up, What Now?

m0rtal

King of the Jungle
Jul 3, 2007
Toronto
Was way overdue for an upgrade and just picked up the Galaxy S3. Pretty spiffy so far. I don't really have any particular needs other than just e-mail / calendar / browsing for now until I figure out what this thing is fully capable of but would be good to hear some of your favorite productivity/entertainment/must have apps :)

(no Apple fan bois plz)

androidbabe.jpg

Dropbox
Note Everything (my favorite app)
My Tracks(if you do cycling/running)
Business Calendar (great widget)
Astro (file management + more)
PowerAmp(by far the best music player I found)
Quick Settings(saves a lot of the time for changing common settings)
Smart settings(to set default screen settings for specific apps..such as brightness and screen lock if you read pdf's in bed)
Repligo (pdf reader)
QuickPic (awesome gallery/image viewer)

Airdroid (control your phone through your browser)
ICS Browser+ (best web browser)
Google Music (stream your music collection)
Google Sky Map (look at stars and stuff)
Wifi Analyzer (useful for getting the best wifi performance, neat graphs)
Pocket (save articles on your computer to read later on your phone)

Evernote - for notes.
Tapatalk - for forum browsing.
Weather Bug - for the weather.
Pandora - for streaming music on the go.
PowerAmp - for music on my phone.
Out of Milk - to make shopping lists.
Google Navigation / Maps - to find and go places.

step one: jailbreak that shit
step two: flash Cyanogenmod

App2SD - move 90% of your apps onto your SD card
GasBuddy - find cheapest gas near you
Handcent - SMS
Dolphin - web browser
Waze - kick ass navigation
Groupme - group chat - if you have friends lol
Business Calendar - replace calendar app

Dropbox
Pomodroido
Dolphin HD Browser
Sticher
Astrid Tasks
Evernote
Epistle
Netflix
TeamViewer
what are you guys dropboxing so much on your phone? I cant imagine trying to pull up a word doc, excel file, or much else on such a small screen.

Anyone have a recommendation fro Android App that:

1. Records business expenses
2. Tracks mileage - preferably automatically somehow, without plugging phone in, etc - something automatic because I always forget, but cant drain battery - I know tall order.
3. Paid APP is fine.

The more automated the better.

o_O so samsung finally won the battle in Merica to sell Galaxy? Apple v Samsung over copyright infringement?

what are you guys dropboxing so much on your phone? I cant imagine trying to pull up a word doc, excel file, or much else on such a small screen.

Oh god theres tons of shit you can do. I keep all my important shit backed up on dropbox and you never know when you're going to need to grab something from a document.

One cool thing I do is I use a folder in dropbox for bittorrent. My media center box connected to my tv at home has utorrent on it, and it automatically downloads any torrents placed into that dropbox folder. I can download a torrent file on my phone, put it into that folder, and whatever i want will be downloaded and ready to watch when I get home.

But mostly what I use it for is keepass. I use keepass to generate and store all my passwords, and the database stays in dropbox. I use the dropbox app to download the pw db, and the keepass app on android to open it if i need to log into shit from my phone.

Oh god theres tons of shit you can do. I keep all my important shit backed up on dropbox and you never know when you're going to need to grab something from a document.

One cool thing I do is I use a folder in dropbox for bittorrent. My media center box connected to my tv at home has utorrent on it, and it automatically downloads any torrents placed into that dropbox folder. I can download a torrent file on my phone, put it into that folder, and whatever i want will be downloaded and ready to watch when I get home.

But mostly what I use it for is keepass. I use keepass to generate and store all my passwords, and the database stays in dropbox. I use the dropbox app to download the pw db, and the keepass app on android to open it if i need to log into shit from my phone.

Ah shit, I never thought of those 2 things. The keepass alone is a good one. I have to think this one thru for some more good ones. Damn.