Shopping Comparison Site instead of single landing pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbyte

Oct 22, 2006
Colorado
Since I am still trying to learn and improve my affiliate marketing via PPC I am standing in front of the question to develop custom landing pages per campaign/product or think about something that would cut down on that need for developing landing pages.

Now I am eventually considering to build a price/shopping comparison site and use the product pages as landing pages (similar to like maybe shopping.com and others).

Do you think that is a good way to go or a waste of resources and that custom landing pages will outperform the other option?

Any feedback is welcome.

Chris

According to Kieron (who is one of the top dogs in affiliate marketing using PPC), shopping site is not the way to go.

He has started a thread "How to get started in Affiliate Marketing". You will find that useful.

While shopping sites are not often as lucrative as arbitrage, it can be a very nice addition to your landing pages. You mentioned shopping.com (we work with them - seen some good conversion and ROI), but we have started working with Pricerunner also and I must say that their support is top notch. Their API is much simpler and is improving by the day. They are probably a simpler and possibly a better bet to start off with. Will update you as we get more involved in API integration.

While shopping sites are not often as lucrative as arbitrage, it can be a very nice addition to your landing pages. You mentioned shopping.com (we work with them - seen some good conversion and ROI), but we have started working with Pricerunner also and I must say that their support is top notch. Their API is much simpler and is improving by the day. They are probably a simpler and possibly a better bet to start off with. Will update you as we get more involved in API integration.

metrospective

do you live in Dubai?

I'm asking cause I'm a dhow sail away... in Doha and I planning to move to Dubai.

How is the tax enviroment there. I've heard it's quite easy to register an US LLC in Dubai and base your IM efforts on that.

Waiting for your reply,
Cheers,
Dragos.

P.S: I've just added Shopping.com and Pricerunner to my applications and I'll give them a testdrive in the next week to see how can they help me diversify my $400/day arbi sites...

Status
Not open for further replies.