Shared hosting with unlimited domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zensix? I've just heard about it today :p

I'll learn more about this hosting, and what's the best hosting that can support WPMU?

you can install wpmu on zensix (very easy and zensix rules) - but if your mu site gets popular you're going to have a resource hog and will most likely exceed limits. get a vps for serious mu dev.

I wouldn't recommend hostgator, when we looked like getting some pretty decent traffic for an upcoming promotion, I thought I would email them to let them know to expect it.

They actually said "Be advised if it puts too much of a load on your shared server we will just cancel your account without warning" (words to that effect anyway).

On the one hand I can understand wanted to protect others on the shared server, but not very nice to suddenly find yourself with no hosting and your presence on the internet gone.

At that point I moved hosts. This was about a year ago.

Not sure if it's still their current policy.

I'm not sure if that's still policy or not, but if your doing business related things I would really use shared hosting anyways, unless you ended up on a not so crowded server.

I'm not sure if that's still policy or not, but if your doing business related things I would really use shared hosting anyways, unless you ended up on a not so crowded server.

I assume you meant to type would really NOT use shared hosting ?

Probably a fair point you make, but I just found it interesting how they would drop you that way without warning.

Cheers

Tim

ZenSix and HostGator.
If you're searching more then you are wasting your time.

Can anyone recommend a shared host that offers to host unlimited domains other than dreamhost?

One feature I'd like is to be able to FTP to one location and see all my domains rather than having to FTP to each domain separately.
I have ONE EXACT SAME PROBLEM

The solution is hostgator.

Actually to my surprise, all cpanel should work. You need to add add on domains rather than adding another domain.

The whole process can (and should be automated).

I really hate unlimited offers. Think about it: there is no unlimitted resource in the nature, and disk space, traffic and other things are not the exception.
If you have a serious web resource you will require more than they have for $4.95 and then start extra charges, additional payments etc.
All unlimited are oriented on housekeepers with their blogs, whch have 5 subscribers in a year...

My vote is for 3FN.NET
Why? - I have dedicated server there with a good discount:)
Their shared accs have unlim domains and you see how much Traffic and diskspace you will get. I bet 75% websites on a shared hosting do not require more than 3 GB of disk space.

Yes try hostgator
imageppcms.jpg

Hostgator, Dreamhost, whatever: they are great. They give you lots of space and bandwidht, unlimited domains, and so you grow a lot of sites and start getting a lot of traffic. Days and weeks building and configuring your sites, dozens of them.

Untill one fine day: you're banned and say goodbye to your files and dbs. You are using too much resources, putting too much load on their cpus, they don't want you as a client anymore, they want fresh new clients. The new rookies pay the same flat fee! Why on earth would they keep you?

I don't host any adult sites.Yet i use Nakedhosting.Just Type nakedhosting sucks and do a search....you will really see how nice they are.

I just started getting a 5kb/sec upload rate to hostgator. I thought I loved them but with an estimated 22 days to upload what I need now, I think it's time to drop them. There techs can't explain it. And like everyone said, any decent traffic and you get the boot..

Where can I get some quality, low priced VPS's, w/ an unlimited domain system like hostgator offers?

Status
Not open for further replies.