selling domain how do you do it??

kean2

Webmaster
Sep 20, 2010
I have a nice name domain that I want to sell but I don't know how to market him.
I mean all here that buy and sell domains how do you do it?
I registered godaddy auction but it seems that no one is putting in interest... and there are a lot of domains there so how do you stand out in this places.

Why don't you try sedo or snapnames?
Also you need to build that domain so that it will be easily recognizable by search engines.

sedo, snapnames, afternic, and there are several domain specific forums like namepros. Google the query "domain name", fourm.

the really best way is to wait for the buyer to come to you , for that you need to have a clear whois info .
second is to do research and to send business owner from the domain niche personal emails -
telling them you own xxxxx.com and you are not placing it for sell etc - pm me if you want to have an example email template to use.

Reactions: Douglife
the really best way is to wait for the buyer to come to you , for that you need to have a clear whois info .
second is to do research and to send business owner from the domain niche personal emails -
telling them you own xxxxx.com and you are not placing it for sell etc - pm me if you want to have an example email template to use.

That is a good answer. Also, Flippa.com if you're looking to take bids and pay to have it auctioned.

Selling a domain at Sedo is easy and free. You can list your domain in Sedo’s marketplace in just a few simple steps.
Create and certify your free account. Once you’ve done this, you’re ready to take full advantage of Sedo’s 360-degree solutions for your domains!
Add your domains to Sedo’s catalogue. Getting your domains set up for sale is a snap. Visit the Add Domains page in the My Sedo section to get started.

I recently listed a domain on sedo, it was a very simple process and I am very new at selling domains, I received an email from someone with an offer right away, however I think that was a scam to get me to pay for a valuation from his company. Be careful of that.

Try selling them over Flippa, and you can also advertise on popular forums like Digital Point and for sure Wicked Fire.

I agree with all those suggesting flippa.com. Its one of the best. How about in this forum? You might just find someone interested in it. Details like age, niche and its profitability can really help.
All the best.