Ryan Leslie - Killin Lames....

I was heavy into the Wu, ODB was my favorite... CLASSIC!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJjIva3fUag]Ol' Dirty Bastard - ODB - Brooklyn Zoo (Video) - YouTube[/ame]

No, this is "real" rap. haha.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79_axJZ2plk]Tyler The Creator - Sandwiches (feat. Hodgy Beats) (Goblin) - YouTube[/ame]

As long as the string of words that come out of your mouth rhyme, it's rap. The problem with underground hip hop are the elitists who believe only their "classics" are "real".

Yep, the most annoying fans are probably "HIP HOP HEADS" who are elitists. Killed the culture for me. For example, sometimes I'd rather listen to 50 Cent than some shit head white rapper from Alabama who talks about multi rhyming syllable raps and how he lyrically burns people. It doesn't mean I'm less educated about the culture than you. Because music is supposed to be fun and soulful, not an expression of your egotistical cultural elitism, when people try to over complicate shit and it doesn't come from the soul. I can usually spot it out instantly.

Soulja Boy's "Crank That" for example. I wouldn't listen to it, but BILLIONS of people do. That shit is literally 3 notes made from a demo computer program. But you have to admit it's a fun song and makes people happy. That's what music is all about. Not about how "good" or "skilled" you think you are. I think the real skill in music is being able to touch the souls of as many humans as possible. So I don't hate Bieber or any of those characters, in fact I actually respect them.

The elitists front and say that they would rather listen to "Bunny Rabbit G" than Little Wayne because BRG has 4000 YouTube views as opposed to Little Waynes 4000 million views, but then when you go though their iTunes top played tracks are Lollipop and Nicki Minaj tracks.

I admit that I listen to corny shit, if it makes me happy, then fuck you very much I'm going to pump it loud.

Regardless, music is opinion, not science.

Totally. I really try to avoid those kind of threads, but I just can't help it.

Yes, Ryan Leslie is a talented dude, but I don't think lil wayne, or Kanye aren't talented. I think they are making bullshit songs with their talent for more money than they need and thus affecting negatively society.

FWIW I think Kanye makes the best songs right now and tries to be as close to meaningful music as possible. That is of course from the mainstream artists.

And my favourite "contemporary" rapper is tech9.

Soulja Boy's "Crank That" for example. I wouldn't listen to it, but BILLIONS of people do.

Lil Jon made a career out of doing the same thing can't really hate.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq4TugDxkxQ]Lil Jon-What You Gonna Do - YouTube[/ame]

Haha, my sentiments exactly, fuck the elitists, Lil B all day I'm a pretty bitch!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAYrMJWvC44]Lil B - Pretty Bitch (VERY VULGAR/LEGENDARY)DIRECTED BY LIL B - YouTube[/ame]

Haha, my sentiments exactly, fuck the elitists, Lil B all day I'm a pretty bitch!

Lil B - Pretty Bitch (VERY VULGAR/LEGENDARY)DIRECTED BY LIL B - YouTube

tumblr_li0w5uiwkk1qg3uqyo1_400.gif

I like what Ryan Leslie does, he's really is one talented dude, but it's always funny to me how clumsy he looks in all the videos.

All that money cannot buy you swag and style, he just looks funny trying to pretend to be the boss

Went to his concert in Berlin last year.

This is biggest pussified nigga on the planet. All night he was rapping and playing keys while looking at particular direction in the crowd (some local bimbo, that he mentioned during song breaks) to get her approval. It was disastrous to watch. The whole night was cringe worthy. He's talented guy, but his lack of likability is always evident.

Not even his band likes him, he just cannot get the vibe going for the life of him. They were looking at each other all night, with a smirk on their faces, having realized what kind of pathetic looser their boss is :)

Then, a day later in the same venue, Wiz Khalifa was performing with his crew. Ryan Leslie entered the venue in some vip section on the balcony. There was no girl that he was qualifying to all night, just some other chicks. When the chicks started having too much fun, and not paying attention to him, he just left, mid concert.

Wiz never acknowledged his presence.

This all comes from a fan of his music (some of the tracks). No question that he is talented, but he should have just stay in the studio and never come out.

LOL. look at that. I wrote in this same thread 2 years ago, 1 year before the concert I attended. Didn't even realize that while writing the post above.

The concert just confirmed my feelings from 2012 LOL!!

I like what Ryan Leslie does, he's really is one talented dude, but it's always funny to me how clumsy he looks in all the videos.

All that money cannot buy you swag and style, he just looks funny trying to pretend to be the boss

Today's rappers, BIG LOL. Some of those fools have their own reality shows.

I mostly listen to rap that is even worthy of the word rap, Brother lynch, Tupac, Scarface, Andre Nickatina, Biggie, E40, Master P ( OLD SCHOOL SONGS) and many other old school rappers, alive and dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBadu4K-QkI

Sometimes you gotta dig deep, when problems come near
Don't fear things get severe for everybody everywhere
Why do bad things happen, to good people?
Seems that life is just a constant war between good and evil
The situation that I'm facin, is mad amazin
To think such problems can arise from minor confrontations
Now I'm contemplatin in my bedroom pacin
Dark clouds over my head, my heart's racin
Suicide? nah, I'm not a foolish guy
Don't even feel like drinking, or even gettin high
Cause all that's gonna do really, is accelerate
The anxieties that I wish I could alleviate
But wait, I've been through a whole lot of other shit, before
So I oughta be able, to withstand some more
But I'm sweating though, my eyes are turning red and yo