rss scraping and 'auto blogging'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo, all i do is create a site, submit it to Eli's QUIT tool and ping it with Pingoat every now and then. I think i've found a really good niche with this one, so it might be a one off thing. My others are perforing that well at all.

So i might have just got lucky this time. Lets hope not!

Wordpress Install

CLICK ME BITCH!

OK, so if anyone still wants to give this a try, here's my wordpress stuff for you to use. I used Eli's custom install and added some plugins, themes and tweaked the auto blog plugin.

This one won't unzip into its own directory so make sure you create one first. I'd suggest using Sub Domains as apposed to Sub Directories.

i.e. create the Sub Directory "Niche.example.com" and upload the zip file to the Niche root.
  • Create a new database for the install and add a user with full permissions to it.
  • Extract the Zip file and edit the wp-config-sample.php to reflect the new user and database.
  • Then run the install and you've got yourself a shiny new Wordpress install complete with a mountain of themes and plugins.
From there you just have to activate the plugins and play around with the options.
Let me know how it goes! :bigear:

Hi Bam Bam, thanks so much for sharing this, I will be working on this one now :)

CLICK ME BITCH!

OK, so if anyone still wants to give this a try, here's my wordpress stuff for you to use. I used Eli's custom install and added some plugins, themes and tweaked the auto blog plugin.

This one won't unzip into its own directory so make sure you create one first. I'd suggest using Sub Domains as apposed to Sub Directories.

i.e. create the Sub Directory "Niche.example.com" and upload the zip file to the Niche root.
  • Create a new database for the install and add a user with full permissions to it.
  • Extract the Zip file and edit the wp-config-sample.php to reflect the new user and database.
  • Then run the install and you've got yourself a shiny new Wordpress install complete with a mountain of themes and plugins.
From there you just have to activate the plugins and play around with the options.
Let me know how it goes! :bigear:

What tools are you using to automate your blogs?

Well I'd like to say thanks, after about 2 months of lurking these forums I'm just gonna say fuck it and give this a try!

Bam - Thanks for the zip. I have downloaded it and it looks like it will be very helpful. I will let you all know how it goes once I play with it tonight.

:rasta:

Hi Bam Bam,
I just installed the latest v2.3 of wp on my blog & used the wpomatic plugn provided by you.

When I activate the wp-o-matic plugin, I get the following error.

PHP:
WordPress database error: [Table 'anyamtab_auto.wp_wpo_campaign' doesn't exist]
			SELECT * FROM `wp_wpo_campaign` WHERE 1 = 1 AND (frequency + lastactive) < NOW() ORDER BY created_on DESC

But I just cannot make it work & I am getting the f
No problem

Wp-o-matic works fine for me.
I just uploaded the plugin to a fresh WP install though.
(One click install, me is too lazy for anything else)

::emp::

does anyone use the blog solution or rss 2 blog for any of their auto blogging?

I use the untimate plugin known as Splogpress haha and no you all can't have it yet cause its not done but so far I can generate any amount of subdomains as I want at a click of a button and add any amount of rss feeds and posts at the click of a button.

Now just need to target things and tweak some core MU files, I'll keep you all updated.

Would this still work, get traffic if i was to use the one domain and just create sub directories for each niche. e.g celebrities.eblogging.com, randomniche.eblogging.com (not my domain, just an example)

or would you recommend a new domain for each niche?

Status
Not open for further replies.