REP utation System!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMatrix

Jun 25, 2006
yes, please add a rep system. (and set it to not allow negative rep. if you don't have anygod rep to give, then just don't give it)

It's good but it should be well configurated before it's launched. Although, rep points and rep power should be additionally shown as numbers, otherwise it's becoming rather useless because the green bar's length exceeds quite soon.

Hell yeah for a rep system... so much more useful then judging a member by their post count.

The Rep pips don't have to stay pips, do they?
I ran an IPB board once where you could use any image, replacing the pips. So, it could always be the dimentions you need it to be.

Anything, they don't even have to be pips... just a number will work. Something to identify the validity of a member other than post count.

Here it is...now let's see who's been a good boy/girl...come to think of it, I don't think I've seen any girls 'round here...

*runs of to start a 'more women!' suggestion thread*

What would a rep system offer? If you are active on the forum then people would get to know you as a good/bad poster. Rep can be abused etc, you get people posting to swap rep etc.

I would leave it alone for now, until the forum settles down at least

Rep would be cool, but no rep in the general chat forums, or else the biggest post whore is going to get the green dots instead of the biggest contributor.

MisterX said:
Here it is...now let's see who's been a good boy/girl...come to think of it, I don't think I've seen any girls 'round here...

*runs of to start a 'more women!' suggestion thread*
Payton said:
There've been a few here and there, not the most active posters though
Not the most active posters? Uh, hello. I'm female.

WallaceCleaver said:
One female but 793 males--still a sausage fest :p

I don't really see the point of a rep system terribly much.

J-Tag said:
One female but 793 males--still a sausage fest :p

I don't really see the point of a rep system terribly much.

I think there are actually 10 or 15 women on here.. I know a few ad reps here are women and some SEO's too that I'm friends with came around and joined. If you want to go hookup with someone online, I'd suggest a dating site or myspace.

WallaceCleaver said:

Uh oh.. now you're going to get PM'ed like hell from guys being all super nice to you because you're a female. Just ignore the topless photo and webcam requests. I know I do! :rolleyes:

WallaceCleaver said:

Oops sorry Wallace... it's not the most feminine sounding name (don't mean to offend if that's your real name) ;)

Jon said:
Uh oh.. now you're going to get PM'ed like hell from guys being all super nice to you because you're a female. Just ignore the topless photo and webcam requests. I know I do! :rolleyes:

Hmm, when you put it that way, maybe I should have kept my mouth shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.