Profitable Low-Maintenance Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Tag said:
Any ideas on sites that are profitable and low-maintenance?

Thanks.

It's all about the money isn't it. :rolleyes:

What Dave suggested could be a worthwhile venture if you're into making money and being bored I suppose. Why don't you just open something that you enjoy and make money from that? There is no reason why you can't make money from anything.

What I've learned in the offline world is that no matter what job or what industry you think of, there's someone making a killing. I know of a dog-walker who makes > $200k/year if you can imagine that.

So I think the same thing applies to online businesses. Yes, some topics/sites might be easier to get started than others but if you pick something and become the authority or one of the best, you can make a lot of money.

also consider a custom built article site based on a niche thats not over done :)

im runing an experiment now that ill post results once I get the ad campaign started

The most profitable & low maintanance thing I've done is static content sites. If you do a good job you should be able to pull $10 to $20 a day off of one with minimal additional work. If you want to make $100+ a day obviously you have to do a few of them.

To expand on the article site suggestions above, you'll need quite a few to make them really next to no maintenance. Then you can put money towards outsourcing the content writing and doing no work at all.

If somebody had a great idea for a "profitable low-maintenance site" they'd be the one making it.

the ideal site would be something with static quality content, in an in-demand, non-saturated market. poke around in some niches you are knowledgable about, and see if you can think of writing about something that meets that criteria.

Last edited:
Andrew said:
The most profitable & low maintanance thing I've done is static content sites. If you do a good job you should be able to pull $10 to $20 a day off of one with minimal additional work. If you want to make $100+ a day obviously you have to do a few of them.

The problem I have with these types of sites is that they take for freaking ever to write all of that content. Don't you find that it is quite time consuming or do you have some system to make the process quicker?

WallaceCleaver said:
The problem I have with these types of sites is that they take for freaking ever to write all of that content. Don't you find that it is quite time consuming or do you have some system to make the process quicker?
Buying content helps :p . There's quite a few threads around here containing info about it. A lot of cheap unique content is comin' out of the philipines.

a.titus1 said:
To expand on the article site suggestions above, you'll need quite a few to make them really next to no maintenance. Then you can put money towards outsourcing the content writing and doing no work at all.

The biggest issue for me with those kind of sites is the traffic. Good low maintenance traffic, now that would be nice... ;)

MisterX said:
The biggest issue for me with those kind of sites is the traffic. Good low maintenance traffic, now that would be nice... ;)

Photoshop Tutorial sites are good for that - get 20 tutorials done, submit em to Good-Tutorials/Pixel2life and you'll get traffic for a hell long time....problem is convertin that to money :p

Dave said:
Photoshop Tutorial sites are good for that - get 20 tutorials done, submit em to Good-Tutorials/Pixel2life and you'll get traffic for a hell long time....problem is convertin that to money :p

Good idea. I always had a feeling that that area was oversaturated, but I was probably wrong, as I concluded that before I knew what I know today and forgot to think about it afterwards :cool:

Thanks for the replies everyone.

How can you keep a static content site moving and updating so that Google won't get tired of it?
Any ideas, other than paying for more and more content?

J-Tag said:
How can you keep a static content site moving and updating so that Google won't get tired of it?
Any ideas, other than paying for more and more content?

Some are using rss to achieve this, but I haven't tried that yet. You can also have a collection of tips and display them randomly, so that there's always something fresh on your page. Asking for visitor comments is another thing you could try.

Hmmm, perhaps RSS is a good idea.
Like showing relevant news articles.

A shame that Google News' RSS isn't allowed to be used for purposes such as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.