PPV Tracking Solutions?

Wouldn't that decrease conversions, since visitors that use IE get the alert "Are you sure you want to leave a secure site" when clicking on your affiliate link?
Also, SSL slows down page load time since it encrypts all the data. And in PPV page load time is very important.
I would be curious to know if anyone uses SSL on their tracking domain (especially for PPV) and how it affects conversions.

I'm using SSL on one of my tracking servers and I don't see any alert in IE on the click through, but you're right about page load time for PPV, you're better off skipping the SSL if you want quicker page loads.

I'm curious about this too, anyone else using SSL on their tracking server?

+rep noveltysystems. Not at the level where I can really use that stuff yet but will be good to have handy later on.

I guess what I'm wondering at this point is, while I"m not new to affiliate marketing by any means, I am new to PPV and am just dabbling in it and will be doing VERY low volumes. What volumes is shared hosting acceptable for (realistically)?

Tracking can work just fine on shared hosting, but if you want the most speed and reliability host it on a VPS that you can scale going forward.

So I did PM Ryan and never heard back. Do they have a phone number? Is it just Ryan in his basement?

Anybody else encounter issues getting approval? This is kind of ridiculous.

Dude..Bevo is free and it's still in beta. They are trying to get the bugs out before they accept new people. Chill.

202 is fine for PPV. Just get either a VPS or a cloud hosting service.

How strong of a VPS is needed for PPV?

Last time I tried sending medium volume to my current VPS (512MB RAM) it crashed the VPS.

I'm looking to do a couple bigger PPV campaigns and want to get a new VPS just to handle PPV traffic, but I'm not sure exactly how powerful I need it to be.

How strong of a VPS is needed for PPV?

Last time I tried sending medium volume to my current VPS (512MB RAM) it crashed the VPS.

I'm looking to do a couple bigger PPV campaigns and want to get a new VPS just to handle PPV traffic, but I'm not sure exactly how powerful I need it to be.

Yeah thats really weak, you need a cloud server with a lot more ram.

for sure need a good sized VPS for any good vol PPV, I actually recommend cloud setup TBH. As far as tracking, I got tired of p202 and bevo came out right when I was writing my own.

Pretty simple to do it yourself if you can code.. but otherwise I would go bevo

So would something like this be powerful enough? Or would you recommend something even more powerful than that?

And since you both recommended cloud what providers would you recommend?