PPV Tracking Solutions?

Truffles

Apr 20, 2009
I've been told previously that the 202 suite probably isn't the best bet for PPV traffic, and besides, I can't install it on Dreamhost with my current plan.

Are there any other free solutions out there that others use and recommend for managing PPV campaigns? Ideally something with cloaking built in? I'm not above paying for something if needed, but just curious what else was available.

202 and a decent vps with memcache installed and you should be fine unless your doing a to of volume.

Thanks for the suggestions. I know dreamhost is less than ideal for this but I'm hoping it will do the job for the tiny volume I'm going to be testing initially. Once I scale I'll definitely be getting a vps or dedi.

Are there any downsides to bevo i should know about?

Bevo is still in beta , but everything looks good so far . I havent run much traffic yet to it , most is still going via P202 . I got Bevo on the self hosted ( rackspace ) and it seems to working well , install was very simple .

No matter what the fuck you do - don't forget memcache. Run any tracking program you want, but know that at high volumes they are all worthless without memcache or something similar.

So anybody know why the fuck Bevo hasn't accepted my request to join yet? It has been a few days now and this is ridiculous.

No matter what the fuck you do - don't forget memcache. Run any tracking program you want, but know that at high volumes they are all worthless without memcache or something similar.

What the fuck is memcache? Is this available on cloud hosting too or is it just used for cheap, shared hosting?

What the fuck is memcache? Is this available on cloud hosting too or is it just used for cheap, shared hosting?

Memcached keeps a copy of your prosper database in the server's RAM. This data is usually pulled directly from the hard-drive via mySQL. Memcached sits between mySQL and Prosper's php code, greatly reducing the hard-drive access bottleneck.

Without Memcached:
Hard Drive -> mySQL -> Prosper

With Memached:
Hard Drive -> mySQL -> Memcached -> Prosper

There's another type of cache for PHP called an opcode cache that stores compiled versions of your most commonly used php scripts in memory. PHP typically interprets each script every time it's run. By compiling the script the first time it's requested and storing it in memory for future use, your php scripts will run much faster. There are a few to choose from, I like APC cache. This works with your current code, so you don't have to change anything, just install the opcode cache on your server.

Don't waste your time with shitty hosting, ie. Dreamhost, get yourself a serious VPS from day one. If there's any confusion, a VPS and cloud hosting are the same thing. Shared hosting was cool when you were getting started, but if your serious about these internet moniez it's time to upgrade your shit.

VPS (Cloud Hosting) + Apache + PHP + APC Opcode Cache + mySQL + Memcached + Prosper and you're server will be fast. Faster page loads, shorter hops, and more conversions.

If you get really big you'll want to setup a reverse proxy like nginx, lighhttpd, squid, or varnish to balance the load by routing traffic to multiple webservers. Each of these webservers connects directly to memcached so that data and sessions are kept consistent across servers.

Finally, grab an SSL certificate over at Godaddy and setup your prosper server on HTTPS. Some affiliate networks only allow tracking over HTTPS and it's the most effective way to cloak your server's url, as there's no referrer passed over HTTPS.

Also... blackhat cookie stuffing, ninja optimization, se0, adwerdz, secret guru traffic sources, mee-j-dia buys, spiders, the google, and jamoooola.

Speed up your servers bros.

Memcached keeps a copy of your prosper database in the server's RAM. This data is usually pulled directly from the hard-drive via mySQL. Memcached sits between mySQL and Prosper's php code, greatly reducing the hard-drive access bottleneck.

Without Memcached:

With Memached:

There's another type of cache for PHP called an opcode cache that stores compiled versions of your most commonly used php scripts in memory. PHP typically interprets each script every time it's run. By compiling the script the first time it's requested and storing it in memory for future use, your php scripts will run much faster. There are a few to choose from, I like APC cache. This works with your current code, so you don't have to change anything, just install the opcode cache on your server.

Don't waste your time with shitty hosting, ie. Dreamhost, get yourself a serious VPS from day one. If there's any confusion, a VPS and cloud hosting are the same thing. Shared hosting was cool when you were getting started, but if your serious about these internet moniez it's time to upgrade your shit.

VPS (Cloud Hosting) + Apache + PHP + APC Opcode Cache + mySQL + Memcached + Prosper and you're server will be fast. Faster page loads, shorter hops, and more conversions.

If you get really big you'll want to setup a reverse proxy like nginx, lighhttpd, squid, or varnish to balance the load by routing traffic to multiple webservers. Each of these webservers connects directly to memcached so that data and sessions are kept consistent across servers.

Finally, grab an SSL certificate over at Godaddy and setup your prosper server on HTTPS. Some affiliate networks only allow tracking over HTTPS and it's the most effective way to cloak your server's url, as there's no referrer passed over HTTPS.

+rep
Also... blackhat cookie stuffing, ninja optimization, se0, adwerdz, secret guru traffic sources, mee-j-dia buys, spiders, the google, and jamoooola.
++reppppppppppp

Wouldn't that decrease conversions, since visitors that use IE get the alert "Are you sure you want to leave a secure site" when clicking on your affiliate link?
Also, SSL slows down page load time since it encrypts all the data. And in PPV page load time is very important.
I would be curious to know if anyone uses SSL on their tracking domain (especially for PPV) and how it affects conversions.

Without Memcached:

With Memached:

Wow! I've got no idea what half that shit means but it could be a big help to me.

+rep

Reactions: FTC-Hater
+rep noveltysystems. Not at the level where I can really use that stuff yet but will be good to have handy later on.

I guess what I'm wondering at this point is, while I"m not new to affiliate marketing by any means, I am new to PPV and am just dabbling in it and will be doing VERY low volumes. What volumes is shared hosting acceptable for (realistically)?