PPC Arbitrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulchie

Jul 16, 2006
I read Jons blog today about PPC arbitrage web 2.0 style. I went to google and typed some search and clicked on one of the ads and it brought me to this site.

This site definetely looks web2.0 and they have very good ad integration on the pages... it doesn't even say its an ad in most cases. I'm not the site owner and im not plugging the site but I want to know if this is what Jon is leaning towards: http://www.gourmetfoods101.com/

On the front page you would swear its a regular site. Obviously we can spot it is nothing more than a PPC arbitrage website but many people probably couldn't. Looks like they did a good job. Any comments Jon?????? Is that what you mean or ... show us some better examples if you have some.

ALSO I HAVE A QUESTION! How can I get some ads from Yahoo to look like that! (and is it only open to US publishers as well? And is it only large publishers that can do special links like that? I clicked on the 'what's this?' under it and it pops up and says it is using Yahoo! Search Marketing. But it doesn't say Ads by Yahoo anywhere.. It just integrates so nicely...default ads look so obvious compared to stuff like that...)... PS>> I just tracked the company that owns the site and they are a corporation from Barbados! How do they have Yahoo! on their site...... argh.

If you get enough traffic, you can get customized ad code. I've seen this with Adsense before but thats the first time (that I can remember) seeing it on a site using Yahoo.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is what jon means by web2.0 ppc arbitrage but i could be wrong. Either way, I want to know how they got a Yahoo account when their editor is in Canada and their corporation is in Barbados. Maybe they have an employee in US or US citizenship like many Barbados corporations prolly do. I can't even begin to try something like that seeing as I can't get a Yahoo! account to begin with. Adsense isn't usually the highest paying and therefore PPC arbitrage is prolly harder to do with it.

GuyFromOz said:
Ha! Just noticed both sites are run by the same company. LOL

I noticed that as well.

Question: I noticed in their friends/links section they link to a few articals located on .edu sites.. Does this help thier search engine results at all.. it looks like they are one way links.

xcentrix said:
Hi Ulchie,

What search term did you use on google to bring up:

http://www.gourmetfoods101.com/

thanks,

x
I searched coffee and they were the third or fourth advertiser on the right side... so they are doing ppc abritrage for sure, that's how I found them, it took me to one of their coffee pages. (im in canada so it defaults google.ca so you might not see it)

Both of those domains do exactly what I was referring to. Making a site look like a site, and not a search engine for PPC arbitrage. Those are both really good finds too.

I have no idea how they are doing their ads though. I checked through YPN and unless they are going through search marketing on a channel that I don't know of, then that's the only thing I can come up with. I also wonder if you can use that platform and REALLY meld the ads into the content.

Anyone know how they are able to serve ads that don't say "Yahoo!" in them? (minus the "what's this?" link).

They've been doing it for ages now. The links used to be the overture format, but they've always been links on the page, not pulled in via JS etc.
They must have been part of some overture premium program for a while.

Jon said:
Anyone know how they are able to serve ads that don't say "Yahoo!" in them? (minus the "what's this?" link).
This is basically the equivelant of a Google Premier Publisher. You see this on sites like CNN.com for instance. The permier programs always allow much more flexibility.

Alot of these sites are the publishers Yahoo already had on their content network before YPN came out.

GuyFromOz said:

Everytime we come accross a good one its GeoSign. Damn I wish I was a premiere publisher for yahoo. Can oyu imagine how much money that company pulls in??? Wow. PPC arbitrage looks so fun but you need to be able to blend the ads like him to get the FULL advantage over unsuspecting clickers. I would love to try making a site like one of those and trying out this ppc arbitrage thing but that requires money lol. And he doens't mind paying some decent $$ for keywords either since he comes up third or fourth in google.ca for 'coffee' (without quotes...). But then again Yahoo pays way better.

I bet you he has hundreds of sites and thousands of keywords.

I think they are doing the whole damn thing through Yahoo API, along with Yahoo Search Partnership.. you don't have to be a super publisher to get into that either.

Jon said:
I think they are doing the whole damn thing through Yahoo API, along with Yahoo Search Partnership.. you don't have to be a super publisher to get into that either.

Where can i read more about the Yahoo API -- I can find information is the shopping API and -- i don't see a revenue model for the shopping API.. :question4:

Status
Not open for further replies.