[Please Help] Traffic Suggestions for my new site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rex_b

Uber Rex
Jun 26, 2006
Louisiana
I'm looking for suggestions on how to drive traffic to a new site of mine that I launched not too long ago.

It's a site that gives people free prescription drug cards and they can use the card to get discounts at just about every pharmacy on the map.

I've done an email campaign, some press releases, a newsletter ad. But I just think I'm missing something that is so easy that could bring me in some traffic.

Well anyways just looking for some help from the experts!

Here is the site:

YourRxCard.com

Hmm the design is slick, but it looks to commercial-ish to my liking. It doesn't have a warm trusting feeling.
The idea is cool though.

Have you tried PPC campaigns?

peach said:
Hmm the design is slick, but it looks to commercial-ish to my liking. It doesn't have a warm trusting feeling.
The idea is cool though.

Have you tried PPC campaigns?

Well I basically had the design made to mimic www.progressive.com which is a trust worthy site and I figured if their marketing department came up with that and spend that type of money it was good enough for me.

I have dabbled a bit in the PPC but can't really come up with any good words that drive traffic.

rex_b said:
Well I basically had the design made to mimic www.progressive.com which is a trust worthy site and I figured if their marketing department came up with that and spend that type of money it was good enough for me.

I have dabbled a bit in the PPC but can't really come up with any good words that drive traffic.

Wow... you did mimic that design for sure! Haha

Maybe do some PPC advertising using words targeted to older people?

Longtermcare
Med discount

?

how long has the site been up? do you rank well in the SE's? what kind of searches do your keyterms get?

maybe some better keyword targeting, SEO, and time.

kyleirwin said:
how long has the site been up? do you rank well in the SE's? what kind of searches do your keyterms get?

maybe some better keyword targeting, SEO, and time.

Almost 2 months it's been up. I rank in MSN right now. Not in google yet and barely in Yahoo!.

I target:

free drug card
drug card
prescription drug card
prescription drug plan
discount prescription drugs

That's not bad man, sound like you're right on track for how long you've been online. You do have 1000+ backlinks showing though, that might be a bit much, a bit too quick for google. That would be my only concern.

Are you geeting paid as an affiliate by getting people to signup for this?

Just curious as to how much you get...this will help determine how much to spend and where.

- Try some press releases (ie prweb.com) free or paid.
- Try some PPC using some niche type of keyphrases...as a lot of kw's in this industry are high $.
- Is offilie advertising an option?

Yeah, works great... but spammers do it too. Therefore, google put a filter on new sites that build low quality links too quickly. Call it the sandbox, call it the link age filter... whatever. It's there.

mrdon said:
Are you geeting paid as an affiliate by getting people to signup for this?

Just curious as to how much you get...this will help determine how much to spend and where.

- Try some press releases (ie prweb.com) free or paid.
- Try some PPC using some niche type of keyphrases...as a lot of kw's in this industry are high $.
- Is offilie advertising an option?

Let's just say my budget is whatever it takes. I don't have a cap.

- I've done 4 press releases via PRweb already.
- working on some PPCs found some good words today for cheap
- Not sure what type of offline promotion to do

Well there’s so much ways to drive traffic...

1. Easy and Fast Way = Buy ads targeted audiences
2. Cheap = Buy Sponsor results on major search engine.
3. Free = Join community website's with your URL add (exp. Sitepoint, Yahoo Answers, Wickedfire etc.)
4. Exchange = Link exchange to other website's that has the same industry as yours.

Much much more..

offer free content, a service, or a tool that will create a buzz (and links) within your targeted community.

Status
Not open for further replies.