Other than Wordpress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cash Boy

Apr 23, 2007
On the forum theres a lot of good stuff being said about using Wordpress for blogs. Are there any others that are good or even better? What about when It comes to content management? What do you guys think of Joomla?

wordpress is the best free blogging software. if you want to go deeper, then yeah, drupal and joomla are pretty good.

I love Joomla. It took me a little while to learn it inside out, but their modifications are smooth and they have a lot of support. The templates are very easy to customize and they seo very well with the right sef components.

Wordpress has some features that Joomla doesn't, but I found Joomla easier to learn and navigate.

Yup I agree Wordpress is the best..But try some if you want, like bloggers/blogspot, joomla or drupal so that you can find it your self and decide.. :)

Drupal is a great cms - but takes a fair bit of setting up. If you know what you are doing (or are going to pay for it) then I'd definitely recommend it. It's very flexible and has good support forums, though the online documentation is a bit disorganised.

I've not used Joomla, but from what I understand compared to Drupal it is not as flexible but a lot easier to get going with and has better docs.

Check out OpenSourceCMS - you can try out online demos of a lot of cms's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.