Official Bitching About Forum Changes Thread

So here's a related question: Do you think the forum could be saved? If so, what would it take at this point?
Quite simple and obvious:

1. Reinstall mods, or - even better - find new ones, because old ones didnt fight spammers well;

2. Cancel subscription, open Enlightened and Traffic forums back to all;

3. Kill the 10-day BST lifespan, install monthly subscription for eternal threads instead.

I think that's all that needs.

But why are you asking? )))

1. Reinstall mods, or - even better - find new ones, because old ones didnt fight spammers well;

3. Kill the 10-day BST lifespan, install monthly subscription for eternal threads instead.

I'm asking about 50% for the hell of it and 50% because I assume there are people still here who know more than I do about these things, and I'm interested to see how my thoughts on what would need to be done match up.

For the sake of clarity, I don't personally expect any changes to be made from the present course, but it would be nice considering how much time many of us have invested here.

For the sake of clarity, I don't personally expect any changes to be made from the present course, but it would be nice considering how much time many of us have invested here.

Dude just give it up. It is already a ghost town and has been for several months. There are probably 40-60 people that might check the site each day mostly for shits and giggles.

Hell Jon has already said numerous times he's not changing anything and to just fuck off.

Well, here is what happened the last time you suggested that:

8YsQCK5.png

This is something that is nothing new, I love this forum, learned a lot here, make good friends, did good business, no disrespect to Jon, this is his forum, his way his rules, if it goes downhill, so be it, ill still log in and chill and see what is going on.

That being said,

I have seen this over and over again with owners of online as well as off line properties, the love is gone, the passion is gone, they become greedy and just dont want to spend that kind of money. Even if it brings them more success, they dont want to do it, these guys are multi millionaires, and I always used to ask them, why not invest back in your business? they would see nah, its ok right now, when its not lol, Is it because they are stubborn with greed, it could be, I have seen it my own eyes, complete cluster fuck til the end, oh well, that's life and that's business like everything else.

well 2016 and WF still here. almost expect to see a not found message soon when the hosting payments stop. seems like even Jon does not bother visiting here any more

This is something that is nothing new, I love this forum, learned a lot here, make good friends, did good business, no disrespect to Jon, this is his forum, his way his rules, if it goes downhill, so be it, ill still log in and chill and see what is going on.

That being said,

I have seen this over and over again with owners of online as well as off line properties, the love is gone, the passion is gone, they become greedy and just dont want to spend that kind of money. Even if it brings them more success, they dont want to do it, these guys are multi millionaires, and I always used to ask them, why not invest back in your business? they would see nah, its ok right now, when its not lol, Is it because they are stubborn with greed, it could be, I have seen it my own eyes, complete cluster fuck til the end, oh well, that's life and that's business like everything else.

you'd do well to wean yourself off the word 'greed'. or don't be an entrepreneur, your choice.

and just dont want to spend that kind of money.
Which kind of money? Ok, good managed server with antiDDoS etc etc, plus domain renewal? Ok this is a couple of BST sold. (I'm not a fan of counting other people's money, at all, i just try to reply you).

Let me ask you guys this,, If Jon had just introduced a new “vip members only” paid section, and not mention anything about himself adding content etc,, how many of you would have paid for that? Or still paid just to support the forum? ..This would be essentially the same result and nothing to complain about, wouldn't it?

I still dont think it's a bad idea to have a paid section so you can post stuff you would only want to share with a smaller group of people, plus you get to rub elbows with the IM ballers who can actually afford $46 month!

to be fair it doesn't seem any slower here than it was before the site went paid ,in fact this is the most excitement i've had all year. (my wife just lays there):sleep:

Let me ask you guys this,, If Jon had just introduced a new “vip members only” paid section, and not mention anything about himself adding content etc,, how many of you would have paid for that? Or still paid just to support the forum? ..This would be essentially the same result and nothing to complain about, wouldn't it?

Jon completely killed the forum. I even said this was going to happen when he first mentioned the pay wall, and I got banned for it.

If Jon wanted some extra money out of this forum, all he had to do was listen to everyone, and flip the BST section into a subscription model. That's it. There were loads of sellers here willing to pay say $300/month to keep a thread live in that section, instead of it getting locked every 14 days, or whatever the limit is.

But no. Instead he just threw up a pay wall for the general membership, and pissed everyone off.

The only thing this place need to wickedly catch back on fire is a Grunin indictment... then it will be hoppin' like 2009 again!

I think one key difference is that the way things actually went down alienated a lot of people who would have been otherwise interested because it created a paywall for threads they had already created. While he obviously has a right to do this, they also have the right to feel like they don't want to contribute to this particular property anymore because of it.

you'd do well to wean yourself off the word 'greed'. or don't be an entrepreneur, your choice.

He meant that greed which is too much ("overgreed") and starts hurting you, like not investing when it is needed:

"used to ask them, why not invest back in your business? they would see nah, its ok right now, when its not lol"

5. What did I miss?

6. What is this subscription ting?

7. The thing that made me piss off (not that anyone cares) was scrolling down a page and having a sexy ass plastered across the screen. Now I understand you ballers with mansions who might only offend the butler, but this "normal" person doesn't want to explain that away to the wife/kids/mother/etc