Not sure what to do next...

transistor

Sep 30, 2007
I've been racking my brain for weeks trying to come up with new business ideas, but none seem to hold up to scrutinization...

I made quite a bit of money from developing social media games over the past couple years, but now the money has stopped coming in. I'd like to start a new business, online or offline, with all the money I've saved up.

I just can't decide what to do. Business ideas that appeal to me are ones that are extremely lean. Ones that I can operate alone and that have relatively small initial investments. Unfortunately, I haven't come up with any that fit those requirements.

It would be nice if there was something I was passionate about that I could start a business around, but I really only care about making money.

I'm open to any ideas. If you have any, I'd be glad to hear them.

Rates are low, real estate cheap. Invest in rental properties. Get monthly cash flow, and refi or sell down the line for 6-7 figs depending on investment size.

are you a good coder experienced with js? I have a couple ideas I'd really like to get off the ground. hit me up and we'll bs for the fuck of it.

aim:dreamache

Rates are low, real estate cheap. Invest in rental properties. Get monthly cash flow, and refi or sell down the line for 6-7 figs depending on investment size.
I've thought about that a little. I just bought a book about real estate investing. I'm going to try to read it this week..

I have/had the same problem.. tons of ideas, but none that I'm really into or passionate about. Lately I've been tracking all ideas and plans I have in OneNote and outsourcing as much as I can since it's mostly topics I could care less about. Usually once you get into something that spawns new ideas etc so best thing you can do is just jump into something, even if it's not that interesting..

Real estate for the winz. Not sure about US market but here in India it is always rising even if the rates are sky high. I have invested in an apartment in a high rise 6 month ago. Total $ 120K worth.

Half of the money has been gone till now and it is giving me like 10K $ in return in under 6 months doing nothing. Once the apartment is going to ready and I get the possession I suppose I will be sitting at profits of at-lest 40K $.

I left this and not doing anything but if one gets in to flipping properties can make lots of money.

I sort of want to create an online store, but I can't find a single product that I could sell for less than Amazon.

Social media gaming is really that dead? Games like farmville are thriving. Or do you just need a new angle/new spark of creativity? With mid 6 figures, you have the bankroll to develop and market a hit. Have you thought about developing a psuedo-MMORPG w/ an online store attached?

Now you've stopped taking in a lot of money from your social media games care to share some information? What sort of games you did/where/how popular/anything interesting you learnt?

I've never looked into it but from a bystanders perspective it seems to have evolved in the same way as the mobile app world, very crowded, excessive amounts of poor quality submissions and a few doing it big, mainly with a large marketing budget.

Now you've stopped taking in a lot of money from your social media games care to share some information? What sort of games you did/where/how popular/anything interesting you learnt?

I've never looked into it but from a bystanders perspective it seems to have evolved in the same way as the mobile app world, very crowded, excessive amounts of poor quality submissions and a few doing it big, mainly with a large marketing budget.

'social media games' sounds like facebook games, not mobile.

1. Take some old ass game that everyone almost forgot about. Like Pictionary or Scrabble.

2. Make multi-player iPhone/Android app.

3. Sell ad-free version

4. Profit!

Social media gaming is really that dead? Games like farmville are thriving. Or do you just need a new angle/new spark of creativity? With mid 6 figures, you have the bankroll to develop and market a hit. Have you thought about developing a psuedo-MMORPG w/ an online store attached?
It's not dead, but my games kind of faded out of popularity. I was a full-time graduate student for the past couple years and I didn't dedicate nearly enough time towards it as I should have. Now it's much harder to compete.

how good are you with marketing? you have a good budget to work. invest some of your money, make your own product and sell it yourself.