No Excuses - Part 2

Quick question for all you wordpress geeks out there. Is there a way to order the categories that I create. I know I can swap it around in mysql but wondered if there was a simple way to change the order they appear on my main page directly through the wordpress gui.

Quick question for all you wordpress geeks out there. Is there a way to order the categories that I create. I know I can swap it around in mysql but wondered if there was a simple way to change the order they appear on my main page directly through the wordpress gui.
This plug-in will let you order by Category Name, Category ID, Category Slug or Post count.

There is also This One but I've never used it so...

You can also do...
Code:
<?php wp_list_categories('orderby=name'); ?>
In the template if you want and can switch "name for ID or Count.

A plug-in is gonna be the way to go really.

here's what I worked on tonight. epnStore - need to integrate it into a theme and I'll make the registration and login look the same. wonder if ebay would complain about it. i'll be adding some links across the bottom for contact, terms, etc. Feedback appreciated.

here's what I worked on tonight. epnStore - need to integrate it into a theme and I'll make the registration and login look the same. wonder if ebay would complain about it. i'll be adding some links across the bottom for contact, terms, etc. Feedback appreciated.

Looks like a winner to me. How are you going to monetize it ?

Looks like a winner to me. How are you going to monetize it ?

I'll have my ebay aff link at the base of every page, might incorporate adsense into the themes, perhaps they all get a page peel similar to this - but that gets a bit invasive. perhaps it's something to generate backlinks where I can update the footer and bam - as many backlinks as there are stores. maybe i have "featured" stores on the epnstore homepage for a subscription fee.

Open to ideas of monetizing and design. Thanks!

Well, Ive finally found the project to do for this contest. At first i was going to make my RSS feed compiled site but that sounds to risky for now. I had a tutorial site planed as well but it would take to much time writing up tons of content on a subject that im a beginner on(lol).

So finally i will use 1 of my old blogger blogs that has pretty much 0 organic trafic and only a few backlinks and move it over to my hosted sites. Redesign it put some ebaystore action on it and just completely redo it and use it as a guinee pig for things to come.

I would suggest adding a hover color in your phpBay admin panel and then doing this: phpBay: enlarge clickable zone | Rule One Blog (spamming my blog since it has the file download). Consider splitting your content - paragraph, auctions, rest of entry.

Check out one of the cheap logo designers on here for $10 get a screaming header logo - you need a sharp and clean logo / header for that category and your current one isn't cutting it.

Lose the bloggy feeling by removing the dates, get comments out of there... if you're trying to be a 'shop' vs. a blog (have to do that by editing the theme).

Check this tutorial for good ideas - you don't have to follow it exactly, but he explains why you're taking out the comments and date - if you can't figure it out on your theme - use the limauorange for the time being... or better, delve into the code and figure it out.

Spending my Friday night working on the site. Have gone through and removed most indications of Wordpress. People setting up "stores" don't need the latest Wordpress news to distract them - get in there and generate some content!

I'm going to write up a very basic tutorial on how to publish a store and make that the Dashboard body - how to best use categories and pages. Going to make a page explaining the process in more detail (signing up for epnStore / EPN, writing content, publishing, etc.) for those who need a bit more info before pulling the trigger.

Have an idea of a great group to market this to - basically it will be a signature on my posts in their forums "Save up to 75% on your listing fees! - Click here for details." - can you guess the market? HA! Wait, my math is wrong - they could earn more than just a fraction of their listing fee... heh - even better!

SEO_Mike: I see your homework assignment, I'll spend a bit of time with it this weekend.

Alright I'm back in this bisch. I gave up my NE2 domain because I realized I have a portfolio of my own that I can use. So I choose to work with Lexus LF-A.

So I spent the day building a custom header, posting some info (and putting some in the queue), setting up some plugins, and doing some research. For now I'm keeping it simple and working on building the site. Once I get some content I'll worry about link building and monetization.

Shit, can't edit the post. I'd like to add a few more statements.

The aim with this site is to build a quality website. My previous sites have all been shit that I wouldn't like to show off. With this site, I want to be able to show it off when people ask me, "so what do you do?".

Also, there aren't very many people searching for Lexus LF-A right now, some tools show that its getting 20 searches a day. However, I hope that closer to launch time the traffic will explode, and my site will be there ready to take there money :)

I'll also be using this site as the basic framework for a few more websites, with another domain of mine (NissanGT-R.org) and a few more I hope to acquire soon.

So Lexus LF-A and Nissan GT-R are up and running. Content is ready for the next week on both sites. The Lexus site will only be updated once a week because there just isn't that much to post about. The GT-R site will be updated 3-5 times a week. They both currently have a week worth of posts in the queue. I'm now going to start link building by commenting on blogs and posting on forums with the link in my signature. After a good bit of those, I'll hire somebody to do some social bookmarking and continue my own blog and forum link building. I'm also going to experiment with article marketing to hopefully gain some backlinks. I'm then going to hit up Digg, and try something I read on a blog. It involves getting a bunch of people on Digg to be your friend, so you're getting all of these links to your Digg profile. So then you Digg your own sites and pass the link juice on to your own sites. Sounded like it could help a bit. Well its time to get back to work, peace.

I'm interested in PRINTABLESHEETMUSIC.INFO.

I will post my name servers you're still accepting new people.

*Homework*

I asked myself many questions, most of them rather vague: how can I direct more traffic to my site? What are my site visitors looking for? What can I do to reduce my bounce rate and improve my pages/visit ratio?

In the end, I concentrated on upping traffic and keeping people on site. I chose to start arguments on various blogs about how crap a few up and coming bands are, and this is now causing people to comment on my blog. I'm still in the low 100s of unique visitors visiting my site per day, but it's growing gradually.

Ready to look at the bones of
<a href="http://DeskAndDrawers.info/">DeskandDrawers</a>

Is it sick I felt a need to complete the underwear and pajamas pages before file cabinets, chairs, credenzas and important things like that?

Just posting an update. After a month of development (in advance of this forum) my site has been up and running for 6 days. Today will be my first day of 1000+ hits, completely organic traffic. Tomorrow or the next day I'll introduce PPC for the first time.

Just posting an update. After a month of development (in advance of this forum) my site has been up and running for 6 days. Today will be my first day of 1000+ hits, completely organic traffic. Tomorrow or the next day I'll introduce PPC for the first time.

wow nice. I get nowhere close to that. I think i get 10 - 20 a day so far.

Jersey Girl

If you're getting 1,000 organic hits a day after just six days online, why bother with PPC?

Frank