new trick i just discovered

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really do think he's pulling a Napoleon Dynamite on us...haven't seen him around lately tryin to conquer the world...someone eat him???

You know i was watching a Gary Vandercheck video the other day and that fucker had so many comments in it.

He's everywhere man :food-smiley-010:

in Firefox, ctrl+t opens a new blank (by default) tab.

I know a lot of people who don't know what to do on a computer without a mouse. I also know some older folks who hardly ever use the mouse and would be lost without a keyboard. If you are around this stuff a lot, you will eventually be faced with one of these problems, so it is good to be able to know both ways.

I started learning the keyboard shortcuts when I had to work with a mac for a while and OS X was really new to me. Every day I would pick a new one and get in the habit of using it.

A lot of the mac shortcuts are similar to windows, except you use the alt or ⌘ key instead of ctrl.

On windows systems, when working with text, double-click a word to highlight it and:

ctrl+x (cut)
ctrl+c (copy)
ctrl+v (paste)

once you get used to it, you'll feel awkward using a mouse to do it and if you work with text editors a lot, this way will save you a lot of time.

If you are working in a command prompt, use the up and down arrows to scroll through your previous commands. One time this guy went apeshit when I was repeatedly typing the commands in and was like, "all you gotta do is hit the arrow!"

Also ctrl + 1,2,3... goes to the tab open left to right.

EX: ctrl +2...BOOM you are now at tab 2!

Also ctrl + 1,2,3... goes to the tab open left to right.

EX: ctrl +2...BOOM you are now at tab 2!

+ rep for you for that one.

About getting a window to max in firefox, I don't like one program only controls... for expanding any window I simply use alt + space + x

Status
Not open for further replies.