New Song Finished, Check It Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonAden

RockStar
Jan 29, 2007
Hey peeps, i finished my new track 'punching bag' . its pretty rocking. All paid for with the profits i made from Copeac (thanks copeac)!! .

Anyway, i havent been around because i have been working and rehearsing every damn day for a BIG show i am doing this saturday, once that is done, its back to work time.

For the song, if you listen to it on a real stereo, it sounds much better than shitty computer speakers. Pretty proud of this one. Much different than all the others i have done, but i am experimenting with new sounds, etc.

ALSO, does anyone know of a service i can use where i can charge people to download this from my site? I could sell 1000 mp3s of it to my music mailing list for 99cents each, but i dont know if there is a company that will hot the sales of it and take a commission or something.. any suggestions? Ive been giving it out for free for years and im not allowed to anymore, aside from to friends.

Hope ya like it, if not, thanks for listening anyway!

PUNCHING BAG MP3 RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS TO DOWNLOAD

If anyone is near RI or Boston and wants to see me perform at the full out fag fest, come check it out :)
adenmottprideflyer.jpg

Dude, I was trying to come up with something sarcastic and witty but I couldn't! LOL

It's actually pretty good. Good Job and Good LUck!

haha. thanks for listenin bro. its a weird style for me but i am big into Evanescence now so they sorta inspired this one

Its better than the shit i've been listening to recently.
Good job bro!

thanks so much for listening guys. Id love to have it on Itunes, but u need a full CD done for that. Right now i need to host the selcted tracks i want as im not sure what i want to put on my album yet. My style changes and i grow and get inspired often so i need to find something smaller than itunes

I wrote this last month, about someone i was seeing since January. Completely fucked me over, and i dont like being used. i was used but got a good song out of it

Lyrics if u want:

Suddenly your not part of me
and your the one who broke the bond
youll be fine you keep tellin me
lookin back as your movin on

do you want my grief?
will you punish me?
or should i make you black and blue too?

I berated you and hated you
i never underestimated you
your loveless blood is giving me live
now im broken down from breaking you
erasing what is beautiful
blacker than a starless night.. your losing paradise

tell the world all you want to
that you lied just to get inside
say you were blind and told what to do
those were fake tears that hit my eyes

dare say im beautiful
dare say im wonderful
you never really ever loved me

Your telling me your my punching bag when you are playing poor me
if it kills to hear this painful song, then im happy to be sorry

Definitely can hear the Silverchair influence. Great stuff, and well mastered too. The only suggestion I might make is to up the level on the vocals a little bit more (on my crappy computer speakers it gets muffled a little bit).

Anyways, cool track, congrats!

nice song but it just feels weird that you are probably talking about another guy...
i guess we all know who is the catcher ;)

Damn dude, you've got talent. I could never do that. I like the intensity of it. But I'm not much of a music critic so I'll help you with your selling music problem. :D

Why can't you just host the files yourself and set up a PayPal gateway? They buy, you send them the link to your song. You could easily find someone to code that for you for less than $100. And if you're concerned about them just sending the link to their friends, just dynamically create one for each sale. Not hard.

Chatmasta

Thanks man, i thought paypal would me what i need to resort to, but i really HATE using them... anti paypal here, haha. I will probably end up having to do it anyway.

and, about the music.. you cant tell im writing to a dude, ( well you guys can because you know im gay ). But i want the music to appeal to guys and girls, not just gay guys so i keep the lyrics appropriate for all sexual preferences.

If your listening on a shitty computer, spend 10 cents and burn it to CDR and listen in yoru car or real stereo, its fuckin AWESOME. haha. Very very proud of this one.

Silverchair.. def also a huge influence,next to our lady peace

Definitely can hear the Silverchair influence. Great stuff, and well mastered too. The only suggestion I might make is to up the level on the vocals a little bit more (on my crappy computer speakers it gets muffled a little bit).

Anyways, cool track, congrats!

Dave you totally beat me to this, i can hear silverchair 4 sure, but moreso back in their harder days. I used to love their old shit.

Aden, Good song man keep em coming. There are heaps of places you can start selling your music, sorry i cant think of any off the top of my head but seach myspace as heaps of bands start there promoting their online stores.

Rock out.

Aden, I haven't done it, but I know you can set up "merchant accounts" so you can accept Credit Cards. Obviously PayPal does this, but if you don't like using them....

Look into it.

And I was listening on 5.1 surround sound, it was pretty intense. :D

haha.. i havent even heard it on 5.1 surround sound yet,lol. Im hoping to stop by my friends Club tomorrow night to get a play on a real club stereo, cant wait!!

Yeah i know u can do i with paypal, and with google merchant accounts i think. Not 100% sure.

Hey kick ass song man. Sounds really good. I don't know how this works but, is there a way you can give a password protected link out to like WF users and we could put the song up on our Myspace pages with a link to where other users can download the song from your site? If so, let us know. I am sure everybody on here would hook you up like that. Then people just go to your site and pay you for the song. Kind of like how an affiliate program works. But we could do it for free type thing. (until you start making the millions a that is...lol) Keep up the good work bro! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.