Need Wickedfire Advice/Insults/Gay

But I just dont think $300 is enough for every job and I'm wondering where all the money is going.

The question "am i being taken advantage of" is not the question to ask. it doesnt matter whether thats the case. thats his hustle. whats yours?

I think it's a horrible idea, and in blunt terms, he's making you his bitch.

8.1% commission on new work, but nothing on future / recurring work, and you're in charge of marketing and bringing all the clients in?

Hell, I'll give you 12% if you bring me clients.

137896060210.jpg

Sounds like a bad idea BRO

You would be amazed at how many people think they have some genius idea, that no one has ever thought of. I guess this really smart, Ivy league educated individual believes that his idea of ranking #1 for city web design will generate a lot of clients and money. Wow, I can't believe no one has thought of that.

His connections mean nothing to you in this deal, his leads dont make you any money. Partner with your own designer, generate your own leads and cut out this guy

Thanks for your replies. I dont begrudge him for it. I just think I should make more money than him if he's doing jack shit nothing.

From where I am sitting you are not in control of your own destiny. You are the only one that determines what your worth. For 300 bucks you should be paid every month $300 bucks as long as his shit ranks per KW.

10 towns @ 300, 3k per month. Its only your job to rank his shit, fuck him if it doesnt convert pay me fuck face.

Rank him with 301'ed links. Once he screws you, remove the 301 and redirect to your new site. Explain the concept of 301 to him, then renegotiate.

For someone whose username starts with "action" you sure do sound hesitant. Charge them as much as you feel your contribution is worth, simple as that.

lol thanks for your response...I just terminated the agreement.

Response:
Give me a call... Let's talk about it. No hard feelings either way.

Would you rather have equity than commission? Tell me what would make it work?

I had a company I partnered with in 2011 and I made them about $3000 and they made me $50, so it was bullshit. On top of that, when I brought them in for a couple clients work they blast the shit out of the clients with upsells, so when I went to offer more with SEO etc. the client was tapped, that kinda pissed me off.

Q5sIZmP.png

Not jealous dude but I dont like the philosophy that I or anyone should "hustle" someone. I like creating win/ win relationships that are good for me and everyone involved.

hus·tle
ˈhəsəl/Submit
verb
force (someone) to move hurriedly or unceremoniously in a specified direction.
"they hustled him into the back of a horse-drawn wagon"
hurry; bustle.
"he had to retag second base and hustle back to first"
informal
obtain by forceful action or persuasion.
"the brothers headed to New York to try and hustle a record deal"
coerce or pressure someone into doing or choosing something.
"don't be hustled into anything"
synonyms: coerce, force, compel, pressure, pressurize, badger, pester, hound, harass, nag, harry, urge, goad, prod, spur; More
sell aggressively.
"he hustled his company's oil around the country"
obtain by illicit action; swindle; cheat.
"Linda hustled money from men she met"
informal
engage in prostitution.
noun
noun: hustle; plural noun: hustles
busy movement and activity.
"the hustle and bustle of the big cities"
informal
a fraud or swindle.

Would you rather have equity than commission? Tell me what would make it work?

Your standard rate + performance bonuses + revshare % every month. If you're good at what you do, and he respects you, and views you as a long-term partner who can help grow the business, that's fair and they'll offer you it.

If he doesn't currently have enough money to pay your standard rate, and instead tries to convince you about how awesome it's going to be later, then run like hell.

lol industry standard. you gonna form a union? your standard rate is the rate youre asking. its what youre worth.

lol industry standard. you gonna form a union? your standard rate is the rate youre asking. its what youre worth.

no I'm not going to form a union. I just mean is there some go to number...for instance, for a crappy 5 page wordpress site the general going rate is $500 for local businesses, at least from what I've seen in my area. So I'm just wondering if there is a number like that for this sort of thing. That way I know I'm not asking an outrageous price or underselling myself.

no I'm not going to form a union. I just mean is there some go to number...for instance, for a crappy 5 page wordpress site the general going rate is $500 for local businesses, at least from what I've seen in my area. So I'm just wondering if there is a number like that for this sort of thing. That way I know I'm not asking an outrageous price or underselling myself.

How can you ask for more money or try to compare yourself to the "boss" if you can't even determine your own value. What if it takes you one week to rank that site and you would have been generating 20 clients a month = $6000 / month in passive income for you for one week's worth of work?

If you don't know your own value, you got greedy cause of your ego - probably turned down a great business opportunity. The advice would have been a lot different if people had known you can't even price your own value.

You don't even have a number in your mind that you would have accepted, that's some noob shit.​

Reactions: Fatbat
I can help but feel like we're being trolled.

How much do you charge per hour? How many hours is the task going to take you? If what he's offering you is more than this amount, then it's a fair offer. If it's less, ask for more.

Simple.

Johnathan said almost the exact same thing in the very first reply to this thread BTW. It's not fucking rocket science unless you're hoping to get paid some huge amount grossly disproportionate to the work being done. If so then you're just being greedy and buddy might as well find someone else to do it.

How can you ask for more money or try to compare yourself to the "boss" if you can't even determine your own value. What if it takes you one week to rank that site and you would have been generating 20 clients a month = $6000 / month in passive income for you for one week's worth of work?

If you don't know your own value, you got greedy cause of your ego - probably turned down a great business opportunity. The advice would have been a lot different if people had known you can't even price your own value.

You don't even have a number in your mind that you would have accepted, that's some noob shit.

Thanks for your reply. Maybe it is "noob shit"...so what? This is the first time I have entered into a performance based commission venture like this, and after posting here it has made me think..."why would I enter into an agreement with three people and only get 8%." With what I would be doing I just think I should be getting more of a share than that. From what I have seen here no one here is doing any type of performance based ventures like this, so I'm guessing everyone is equity or rate based. So yeah you could say its "noob shit" since I'm trying to get my bearings. I already have clients that I charge monthly but this guy is trying to set up something I have no experience with. I offered him my normal prices and he wanted to do this instead, so, yeah I could walk away, I already make good money, but I am open to trying new things if they make sense and are win/ win and that is what I am trying to figure out. Having said that, Mr. ( or Ms.?) Ccarter, or anyone, how about a strategy or a number that you think is good and why you think its good in regard to this performance based scale I'm describing...?

That would be helpful if you have the time.

EDIT: Had to move period inside quotation mark.