Need suggestions from seasoned Pulse360 users

ImagesAndWords

StayblCam.com
Nov 7, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
www.stayblcam.com
Hey guys,
Lately I have started working with Pulse360, and I'm trying to really learn how their advertising platform works as far as bidding, CTRs, positions, etc. - and how it all affects overall conversion rates for a campaign.
So far it's been pretty frustrating and since there aren't any big threads about this platform here that I haven't found, I thought to ask if any of you guys could chime in with some advice for a Pulse360 n00b like me.

I think my main problems relate to shitty CTRs and waaay too high of CPCs as a result. My rep at Pulse360 has already optimized my target topics and such but I''m still far from where I want to be ROI-wise.

Thanks guys....

CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR CTR

on a serious note, idk if this is the case with pulse, but with adblade you need to email your rep to enable geotargetting in your ads which was a big help w/CTR for me

Im curious about this as well....

What would you pulse guys consider "good"... something to shoot for?

Damn! My ctr so far has been like 0.04% for topic targets, and around 0.07% for site targets, spending like 0.9x to 1.3x cpc to get decent volume and to remain in the top 3-5 positions.

Since I'm new to Pulse I didn't really know if this was shitty or pretty normal. But I guess the replies so far indicate that my ads SUCK and need some major work...Lol.

About geo-targeting...hmmm, I have suspected something is up because I keep seeing occasional .co.uk sites in my referers list (even though Pulse360 claims they can only target the U.S. anyway so how is that possible?).

Another thing I don't get is why they can't optimize my target topics to where sites that are completely irrelevant to my female related offer cannot be removed from targeting (like, soccer sites(!), manga/teen sites, etc). Wtf.

I've been evaluating P360 for a couple of weeks myself, and it don't look good to me so far. From what I can tell the conversions blow across the board, and no fucking WAY am I risking blowing up a 50G spend for a puny 2-3% rake.

There's FAR better traffic sources out there if you got pockets that deep, mate ;)

PS - Love your blog, biotch- write some moar goodshit.

pulse360 is dead. Blow your $2 clicks somewhere better and move on and actually get some real traffic.

Damn! My ctr so far has been like 0.04% for topic targets, and around 0.07% for site targets, spending like 0.9x to 1.3x cpc to get decent volume and to remain in the top 3-5 positions.

Since I'm new to Pulse I didn't really know if this was shitty or pretty normal. But I guess the replies so far indicate that my ads SUCK and need some major work...Lol.

About geo-targeting...hmmm, I have suspected something is up because I keep seeing occasional .co.uk sites in my referers list (even though Pulse360 claims they can only target the U.S. anyway so how is that possible?).

Another thing I don't get is why they can't optimize my target topics to where sites that are completely irrelevant to my female related offer cannot be removed from targeting (like, soccer sites(!), manga/teen sites, etc). Wtf.
Probably a UK news site or something that had US visitors read the story.

people that are posting here about CTR are absolutely right. our top advertisers are paying very reasonable cpc's but they have the ctrs to warrant them. We gauge every ad that is served on an effective RPM compared to the other advertisers in that topic. The ads that serve the best RPM are the ones that are shown the most often (RPM is combo of CTR and Bidprice) A very general (but still effective) rule of thumb is to shoot for CTR's like this

Text - Min .04
Image - Min .10
MSNBC Image Min .30

With CTRS like this you will be paying 1.00 or less per click in most cases and making a good profit (with good offers, page etc). I know it can be frustrating when you login to your account and see a required bid of 4-5.00 to be the top ad in a topic. I can assure you the "actual" bids are no where near that but your RPM compared to the current top advertiser is that much lower.

Happy to answer any other questions you have on Pulse as well.

Bid High Up Front ($10)
Get Great CTR (Use their location tags) (Diet, Biz Op)
After 1000 clicks lower bids to $1.25/$0.75

PROFIT