Need camera advice

Hpwandrew

Sep 24, 2007
Houston Tx
Does anyone here know of any cameras that are comparable to these?

Kodak DC 240 1.3 Megapixel

I need something with similar specs

• 1.31 million pixel sensor
  • 1280x960 and 640x480 pixel image sizes
  • Fast startup, only ~2.5 seconds to power-on
  • RAM buffer to allow two shots within a couple of seconds of each other
  • 3x optical zoom (39-117 mm equivalent focal lengths)
  • 2x digital zoom
  • Fast f/2.8 maximum lens aperture
  • Macro focusing to 9.75 inches
  • Built-in, 4-mode flash
  • Support for both NTSC and PAL video output
  • Combined serial/USB interface for maximum compatibility & speed
  • Ships with NiMH batteries and charger (Way to go, Kodak!)
  • Uses CompactFlash memory, ships with 8 MB card
  • Software package includes Adobe PhotoDeluxe & PageMill for both Mac and PC
  • Supports new Digital Print Order Format (DPOF) for marking images on card for later printing

motorola%20razr%20v3c.jpg

Its really hard to find the Kodak DC 240 anymore because they're not in production anymore.

Its used to take pictures for ebay to take 480/640 Pictures. Can anyone recommend a camera that can use compact flash cards and uses rechargeable batteries?

Its really hard to find the Kodak DC 240 anymore because they're not in production anymore.

Its used to take pictures for ebay to take 480/640 Pictures. Can anyone recommend a camera that can use compact flash cards and uses rechargeable batteries?

Why do you want an ancient camera?

If you don't want to resize images, any modern camera with take 640x480 images. Most use SD cards, but those are like $10 each these days for 4 GB and a USB 2.0 reader can be had for about the same price.

All cameras use rechargeable batteries but if you mean specifically AA... why? Just get a couple spare batteries for the camera you buy, again cheap as chips these days, and you'll be good to go for about 3000 shots.

Any modern day offering is going to outperform that dinosaur in speed and image quality and every other category you list. LoL at macro focusing to 9.5 inches, most do a about an inch now. Most can do more than one shot a second. Most are in the range of 23-25mm up to 120mm, but there are better than that, it's kind of average. Most can do f/2.8 to f/5. whatever. Etc. etc.

Once again, if you want to research all current models from all manufacturers, DPreview is the place to go, http://www.dpreview.com

You aren't telling us the whole story OP. You either have a very specific purpose in mind for this or you don't know a thing about modern digital cameras.

What are you planning on using this for?

I dont know much about photography or cameras in general. Right now im using a kodak dc240 izoom to take pictures of products for ebay. After the pictures are taken I upload them to a folder on my computer to add to an html template. Thats the whole story.

I need a camera that is strong enough to handle about 1500 shots in the course of 6-10 hours, Produces a quality image, and a size of about 30-90kb to fit in 640 X 480.

Im not sure if that makes much sense.

He wants to take a ton of pictures, not use photoshop or any software, and then upload them.

But I dont think this is the best way to do this. I would just go buy a $100 to $200 camera at Walmart and make sure it comes with software that outputs a few version sizes.

For ebay I have noticed that great images make a lot more money. I use photoshop and crop them, balance them, and save in a web version so my image size is not out of hand.

As for the batteries if you take a ton of pictures you are going to burn through batteries, flash on or off. I would get a rechargeable one and maybe even buy two $100 cameras to get a second battery and put it on a recharger. You might make sure you get one with a separate charger that allows you to place just a battery on there.

I dont know much about photography or cameras in general. Right now im using a kodak dc240 izoom to take pictures of products for ebay. After the pictures are taken I upload them to a folder on my computer to add to an html template. Thats the whole story.

I need a camera that is strong enough to handle about 1500 shots in the course of 6-10 hours, Produces a quality image, and a size of about 30-90kb to fit in 640 X 480.

Im not sure if that makes much sense.

Understood. Is portability/size and issue? Are you using it on a tripod or are you mobile? Tell me a bit more about the kind of goods you are shooting and your setup. What's your budget and I'll make some suggestions for you.

Understood. Is portability/size and issue? Are you using it on a tripod or are you mobile? Tell me a bit more about the kind of goods you are shooting and your setup. What's your budget and I'll make some suggestions for you.

Im shooting cars in a photo booth, no tripod, fastest speed is the goal. The biggest issue is the size of the file and the quality. This kodak produces such a small file and a great image. Im looking to not spend more than 200 a camera.

I think my 2 year old got a Fisher Price one that is 2.0 megapixels. I'll have to check on the price for ya.

Haaaaahaaaahaaahaa. It's funny because right now my kids are running around taking pictures with a "FP Kid-Tough Digital" toy camera. It's indestructible and the pics are probably good enough for eBay.

Real Cars it is absolutely vital to take good pictures, of all parts, and to crop balance, and upload the right image.

I have seen cars sell for 30% of value with no images. 65% of value with average images.

You need a decent camera and at least photoshop CS3. Dont really need a tripod as it could get in your way as long as there is enough light.

Are these show cars? Why the photo booth? Or is this at a dealership and they want all the cars shot and they will be run through the booth....

You need to do engine bay, trunk, inside right door, left door. Look at some other auctions as to what you want to photograph.

Used cars at a dealership?

OP, regardless of what sizes you camera can out-put the pictures to, you can use a free program called "fotosizer" to batch shrink all of your photos down to your desired resolution. It's fast as hell and works great.