NBA Lockout sucks!

It hurts even more when you're a Knicks fan and your players already have their max contracts. The small-time players that get 10 minutes of playing time per game.. STFU and take your $1mm contracts. It's more than you'd make off the court and if you actually play well, you'll get paid more. This isn't baseball, there's a salary cap. You got involved in the wrong sport.

/endrant
/beginNBAseason

This is bullshit! NBA players only care about the money, not their fans! As for the owners who lose money, I feel sorry about it because these dumb asses doesn't like to get "underpaid"!

Wake up players, these owners worked hard to pay you guys....!!!!:eek:fftopic:

Lol your retarded for thinking the owners aren't the problem

I love/play both sports and that is wrong.

It's not wrong. Winning in basketball is mostly due to individual efforts. Everything is dependent upon what your best players do that game and there is no strategy that can be implemented to counter this by the opposition. You can't put 2 guys on Kobe the entire night.

In B-ball, there is no complex strategy going into a game. Nothing differs from week to week because for the most part, you are going to do the same thing every game which is to play to your strengths. You can't really expose an opponent's defense in b-ball because most players are evenly matched.

In football, you can expose your opponent's defense in many more ways because of injuries and the fact that a team can't be strong in all areas.

Those are just a couple of examples of what I mean.

I think it's terrible because it'll just grow the soccer movement more, and we all know how we have to protect against that shit.

Everything is dependent upon what your best players do that game and there is no strategy that can be implemented to counter this by the opposition. You can't put 2 guys on Kobe the entire night.

They can double team him whenever he has the ball, but they have to strategically decide when and how to do that, as it leaves someone else open.

I can't think of a major sport besides football that uses as much strategy as basketball. Read some of this article :

Synergy provides basketball scouting for digital age - The Denver Post

In B-ball, there is no complex strategy going into a game. Nothing differs from week to week because for the most part, you are going to do the same thing every game which is to play to your strengths. You can't really expose an opponent's defense in b-ball because most players are evenly matched.
Sorry, but you are completely wrong for the most part. Some players and teams are much better than others at defense and that can change the other team's offensive strategy. Different teams match up very differently.

If we just look at the NBA finals, Dallas had Dirk who is 7 feet tall and can score inside, but is also one the best outside shooters. So just his presence alone is going to alter Miami's defense. Another thing I remember was Dallas sometimes using 3 point guard types on the floor at once. They weren't just randomly doing that, and if they were playing a different team they might never have considered it.

You can't put 2 guys on Kobe the entire night.

Teams run a box-and-one all the time

A box-and-one defense is usually used against teams with one dominant scoring threat. The idea is to try and shut that player down by forcing them to score against a dedicated man-to-man player, and a supporting zone

It's not wrong. Winning in basketball is mostly due to individual efforts. Everything is dependent upon what your best players do that game and there is no strategy that can be implemented to counter this by the opposition. You can't put 2 guys on Kobe the entire night.

In football, you can expose your opponent's defense in many more ways because of injuries and the fact that a team can't be strong in all areas.

You obviously don't know the game of basketball and didn't see the Dallas Mavericks win as a team, beating out Miami Heat's individual all-stars.

Either way, I'm still enjoying my Mavs being the champs for however long this lockout lasts. Would like to see a back to back though while Dirk is still in his prime.

I think it's terrible because it'll just grow the soccer movement more, and we all know how we have to protect against that shit.

not soccer, it's called actual real football here in europe.

not that gay crap from guys jumping on each other.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3SAT50dRUs]american football commentator " Thats kinda gay " lol - YouTube[/ame]

Haha wow.. Is kobe the only player you know in bastketball? :p

As a previous poster said, you should've seen the finals where Dallas took over my favorite team Miami.

Teamwork was the KEY! They sweeped kobe's team because of TEAMWORK and STRATEGY.

No offense but your post is very ignorant. You really need to watch more basketball to say the least.