MySpace Ads

redmonkey

Oct 26, 2008
Long Beach
The last thread was locked so thought i'd just start a new one.

My CTR is doing well over .2% and my bid is .20 cents yet i could spend only $10/day. What's up with this? Anyone have the same experiences?

Wait are you saying your daily budget is $10, or you have a much higher budget but it won't spend beyond $10? I've never actually reached a daily budget, so you may as well just jack up whatever yours is.

Wait are you saying your daily budget is $10, or you have a much higher budget but it won't spend beyond $10? I've never actually reached a daily budget, so you may as well just jack up whatever yours is.

Nah, my daily budget is $1k but got only $10 of clicks. Let's try adding another 0.

i run on fb... i really wanna get into myads... but i also hate that interface.... I rather deal with only 1 shitty interface... but I am going to force myself to start this weekend

From what I've seen MyAds has sold off most of their inventory to large brand advertisers. Anything I've tried running recently has required ridiculously wide-open demo targeting to get any reasonable amount of impressions, and at that point I'm getting such diverse traffic that it doesn't convert well enough to be worth the headache. Hopefully as the corporate guys freak out about the economy and tighten their ad budgets more they'll open some more inventory up to self-serve customers.

MyAds click frauds about 20%-25% in my experience. I was hoping it would be a nice alternative to Facebook. Traffic doesnt convert either. Nope...

The last thread was locked so thought i'd just start a new one.

My CTR is doing well over .2% and my bid is .20 cents yet i could spend only $10/day. What's up with this? Anyone have the same experiences?
The reason you are only getting $10 is because of your bid amount, The algorithms on MSADS are not that great.

The best thing to do to get more traffic/spend is to dupe your ad a bunch of times, Use the same demographics then once they run the initial impressions dump ones with a low CTR. Make sure to set the budgets high on each campaign. You might even be able to use a lower CPC as long as it is within the suggested bid.

It's definitely not your budget.

They are basically just deciding they have more profitable ads to serve than yours. Like every publisher, they back it out to eCPM. I'd add more campaigns (same offer and creative) with tightly targeted demos. A smaller group that clicks really well can get you a ton more traffic in many cases than a widely targeted campaign that only performs marginally.

Or bid higher. :)

Any other suggestions on this? I have ads anywhere from .06-.30 CTR and it picks one random ad out of 20 to show. I'll get good traffic for one hour, not the next, then another ad gets some traffic. Is it purely at random what ads they decide to show?

Btw, since when did MySpace decide you cannot run dating ads anymore?
Whenever I submit dating ads, nothing provocative even, I get this:

"[FONT=&quot]We would like you to know that your ad was not accepted for the following reason: MyAds is currently not accepting these types of ads. Sorry for any inconvenience..[/FONT]"

^^ They told me that they are in the process of re-evaluating their policy and ads for dating sites, so they aren't accepting any NEW dating ads right now.

Any other suggestions on this? I have ads anywhere from .06-.30 CTR and it picks one random ad out of 20 to show. I'll get good traffic for one hour, not the next, then another ad gets some traffic. Is it purely at random what ads they decide to show?
That's a decent CTR on MyAds as long as most of your ads are at the upper end of that range. It's not really at random (unlike FB). They want to get the most CPM, so try increasing your cpc bids. After you have enough clicks with a high CTR, then you can start to lower your bids. High CTR + High CPC = Lots of traffic = Proffits