MyReviewPlugin 4.0. The best plugin becomes WAY better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

force-11

PHP |㋛
Jul 27, 2009
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Existing users, you can get MyReviewPlugin 4.0 by clicking here.

MyReviewPlugin 4.0
By far, the best WordPress review plugin.

MyReviewPlugin is a plugin that converts WordPress in to a complete review site affiliate marketing platform. Whether you want to add reviews to an existing site, create a full site from a database using our great importer tool, or build a review-style landing page, MyReviewPlugin does it and it does it well.

I'm still working on updating the website for 4.0, so let's talk about the new features here...

4.0 introduces hundreds of new features. Here's a selection of some of the really cool ones:

Custom Comment Fields

• create additional fields for your users to fill out when writing their review
  • select from a number of types such as: ask them for the date they last/first used the product (with a calendar widget), ask your commenters for a short line of text, a long body of text, or give them choices: checkboxes, select boxes, radio boxes. It's all here, all fully supported.
  • define limits on what data users can submit, and what data they must submit. Allow them to submit text, numbers, require it to be a certain length, or before a certain date (in the case of the date widget).
  • automatically integrate this data with any theme.
Graphical Embed Positioning - this is really cool, a screenshot of this.

• Integrate MyReviewPlugin with any theme, using the same great automatic embeds system as before: now with an awesome drag-and-drop user interface. Move and sort things like the ratings tables and custom fields within the user interface with the drag of your mouse.
New Rating Modes

• don't want to use the default 5 star ratings? Have some rating categories that are better suited to "pass/fail"? Use 10-star ratings, "out of 100" ratings, letter grades, or pass/fail.
  • automatically convert different rating types back to 5 star rating for averages.
  • plus 6 new star images!
ZIP Code Search

• do you run a local niche site? Allow your users to search for businesses within a radius from their ZIP code (or from any ZIP code!)
  • also: custom field search. Any custom data you provide, your users can search as you allow them to!
Per-Post Advanced Configuration

• control every little detail of how your posts behave - allow users to submit comments without approval on some posts and not others, require ratings on some posts and not others,
Tooltips/Realtime Explanations

• Want to explain what a rating category or custom field means? Suppose you have a rating category called "Support" and you rate it based on how fast tech. support responds to you: tell your users that with a tooltip
  • Four different types of Tooltips: bounce in, slide in, fancy (with a black gradient "speech bubble") and standard yellow background tooltips.
  • Control where tooltips are shown: rating forms, rating categories, comparison tables. It's all up to you.
Import Man

• import from the new YP site (and the old one still!), and now the Canadian and Australian databases as well.
Link Man

• Now supports rotating cloaked URLs.
  • Supports changing destination of URL based on who the clicker is: change the link destination based on IP address or company where it's accessed from (for example Google or Facebook). Redirect ad reviewers to different landing pages as desired!
Simple Mode - six new "step-by-step" in-the-admin-area walkthroughs and a completely redefined Settings panel for "beginner" users. Completely optional, continue to use the original settings panel if you're experienced.

And so much more...

• Google Maps via Lat/Long: If your database has latitudes and longitudes instead of an address, there's no more need to convert backwards: MyReviewPlugin supports Lat/Long out of the box.
  • Single Line Average: if you don't want to embed a whole ratings table, simply embed an average/single rating for each post, whereever you want. Simple, easy, powerful.
  • Show Images in Custom Fields/Comparison Tables OR show small camera link to image popup.
  • Literally hundreds of other small improvements to the functionality and the user interface: almost all user requests have been implemented and then dozens more.
  • Top Rated widget can now be used multiple times: show only the top rated in a certain category, according to certain criteria or the top rated posts across your whole site.

Other cool features that MyReviewPlugin includes (but aren't new to 4.0) are a fully featured comment/review generator, a powerful bulk post editing tool, vertical comparison tables, full in-your-admin-area look and feel control/appearance settings, dozens of comparison icons, star images, and hundreds of call to action images, six great themes, language control and included translations to German, French, Spanish and Dutch and more.

MyReviewPlugin comes with lifetime updates/upgrades, lifetime technical support and assistance that is absolutely unparalleled and an unbeatable 45-day money back guarantee.

Apart from being the best plugin on the market, it's also the cheapest starting at just $90 for normal people. For WickedFire users, coupon code "WICKEDBROS" grants you a killer discount. :)

Website | Order Now

I like your product very much, but wasn't able to use it on live sites yet.
That's basically because the default templates are just not that good. They lack some attention to detail IMHO and I don't have the time to work on templates myself.

What I'm trying to say is I'd appreciate if you update and put some effort into your themes :)
It's way more important than a dozen new features since it's what the user sees. 20-80 rule.

^ I've had no problem using it on out of the box WP themes utilizing the auto embeds. I had to tweak a couple lines in the style.css to make it work but no big deal. And I'm guessing that the graphical embed positioning feature negates this.

Phrench, thanks a lot for your feedback on the default themes. I'll recruit some good designers to get to work on some awesome ones for 4.1. If you send me an email at support@myreviewplugin.com perhaps we can work together to make sure some themes get built that are perfect for you.

I did make improvements to all the themes for this version: splitting them in to multiple files (index.php, page.php, single.php, archive.php), changing "comment" to "review" where appropriate and a few other things.

As Grindstone said, you can integrate MyReviewPlugin with any theme with the autoembed system by checking some boxes (or dragging some elements now) - and I'm available at support@myreviewplugin the whole time to help you out with it (I'm completely fine with doing the embeds for you and making it look good, if you're having any trouble - that of course goes for every one of my customers).

There's hundreds of people running live sites with MyReviewPlugin already, some with my help, most without.

I've been looking to give this plugin a try for awhile now. The feature set looks very impressive so I just ordered and will report back my experience with it in the coming days.

I like your product very much, but wasn't able to use it on live sites yet.
That's basically because the default templates are just not that good. They lack some attention to detail IMHO and I don't have the time to work on templates myself.

What I'm trying to say is I'd appreciate if you update and put some effort into your themes :)
It's way more important than a dozen new features since it's what the user sees. 20-80 rule.

I bought the product, and I do agree with the above comment.

MRP is really a good product... but some efforts in the themes would really make it the best.

^ I've had no problem using it on out of the box WP themes utilizing the auto embeds. I had to tweak a couple lines in the style.css to make it work but no big deal.
I'll give the auto embedding a try then!

Beside that not everybody has the same taste and standards. For example the default comparison table is ugly as hell in my humble opinion: The table header is way too high, the Comparison Table Image Sets are way too big, fonts too big as well.
As I said, I don't have the time to customize that myself and migrating my changes everytime a new plugin update gets released.

Phrench, thanks a lot for your feedback on the default themes. I'll recruit some good designers to get to work on some awesome ones for 4.1. If you send me an email at support@myreviewplugin.com perhaps we can work together to make sure some themes get built that are perfect for you.
Sounds great, I'll shot you an email.

I'll give the auto embedding a try then!

I think you'll like it but it won't fix your below issues.

Beside that not everybody has the same taste and standards. For example the default comparison table is ugly as hell in my humble opinion: The table header is way too high, the Comparison Table Image Sets are way too big, fonts too big as well.
As I said, I don't have the time to customize that myself and migrating my changes everytime a new plugin update gets released.

Valid points. I haven't used it for any product comparison sites so I haven't delved into the Comparison Tables much, I've just been building local niche sites and using the Ratings and comment generators.

buythatfromus, yes, it can do awesome comparison tables. It can also import posts in to WordPress (like from an affiliate network's data feed) and process them. It can also simply add star ratings to comments. It can add custom data to your posts, allow you to show Google Maps (and import them from a database too), allow you to search by ZIP code to find local businesses, allow you to reorganize WordPress posts in terms of highest rated or most popular.

MyReviewPlugin does a lot of stuff.

--

Regarding the theme discussion. Like I said, MyReviewPlugin works excellently with themes like Thesis, WooThemes and free themes like Blix Fixed with no customization (at least, not that you can't do in the user interface really easily) required. I just placed an order for a few themes designed by a qualified designer instead of myself, and will integrate all the existing themes much more meticulously in to WordPress for the future versions. If any of you let me know what you want, of course I'll build it! That's what keeps MyReviewPlugin the best.

Phrench, if you have a problem trying to set up live sites or really run in to any issues at all (including the ones you brought up in this thread), the best bet is to send me an email at support@myreviewplugin.com. I'm here to help with any problems!

Reactions: force-11
envision, my position is obviously that MyReviewPlugin is the best plugin on the market, it has all the features those plugins have and then some. As you can see in the initial post my 4.0 release brings it a step further, etc. I'm also 100% confident I provide the best support you could possibly expect from a review plugin.

We've also released more meaningful updates in the time that we've been around (since the middle of December - 3 months approx.) than the other products have in their entire lifetime.

MyReviewPlugin is one of the cheapest plugins on the market, especially with that discount I offered in the main thread if that's your main concern. For more information, check out a short comparison, Mike Johnson's video review and perhaps the testimonials page.

Email me if you have more questions - support@myreviewplugin.com.

Mark.

I just placed an order for a few themes designed by a qualified designer instead of myself, and will integrate all the existing themes much more meticulously in to WordPress for the future versions.

Are you planning to make these themes available for customers?

Is yes, do you have an approx. date?

thanks

Absolutely. Every customer will get the themes for free. :) I can't tell you when they'll be ready for sure, but assume sometime in the first half of April. I'll have 4.1 ready then as well with some new additions that are pretty cool.

Mark.

Depends what you're hoping to do. If you want to talk in more detail about my licensing options, feel free to email support@myreviewplugin.com

That said the Single Site license can only be installed on one domain at a time. This is fine, you can install it, use Import Man to generate your content, Comment Man to generate comments, etc. and then uninstall it. This will allow you to take advantage of great features like YellowPages importing, comment generation, etc.

The Unlimited Site license can be installed on unlimited domains that you own at any time. This is great too if you want to do the above and sell huge content-generated sites (from CSV, business directories of various countries, RSS feeds, etc. with my competition-killing importer).

Finally, if you're looking to sell sites with comparison tables and star ratings and all that jazz: I offer a Developers License. I've been trying to keep it quite exclusive so that the owners of it can extract some value from it: you get to use unlimited licenses on unlimited websites with the only caveat being that the final bill to the customer must be more than $200 (including any services you're selling them). If this caveat is unacceptable for your business, we can probably work something out anyway.

I offer my developers licenses a priority support e-mail address that delivers support queries directly to my cell phone and can be responded to instantaneously as available.

Hope that helps. Please contact me at support@myreviewplugin.com if you want to talk about licensing as is often something best dealt with on a case-by-case basis in my experience so far.

Mark.

got it. my question is how does import man compare to something like ez empire builder? Can it be formated to use JQuery Tabs? I have a great idea for a website but I have yet to find the find the software. it is down to this and ezeb.

Status
Not open for further replies.