My own experience with PPV

i think i saw your ad, but there was another ad right beside yours that was giving away a $1000 gift certificate, so i clicked that instead.

try upping the amounts. people want to win the most they possibly can. look at the lottery. more people play when the prize is larger.

good luck brother

I agree with Josh you should have stopped testing the offer at $5 (500 views) or roughly 5x the offer, leave it to psychiatric out patients to keep repeating the same actions over and over hoping for a change...

The key to making PPV work is targetting the demos of the offer...with a free gift card you should have targeted sites that give out coupon codes or gift card sites, single 40+ women shop at target? then popup at sites they visit.

If you are not targetting demos then you have to be really creative to get them. You should have offered a guide for the "Top 5 things you should avoid at target" or "Shocking 3 things that can kill you at target" you get the drift....better yet create a poll "3 Targets around GEO_IP_CITY Are conducting a poll, a $500 gift card will be given to particpants only 3 more availble from GEO_IP_CITY" even better pop the geo locations with google maps..

good luck

Spending $170 to test a single email submit offer on PPV = fail.

^^ what he said.

How are you planning on monetizing the list you are building? What is the value of each first page submit (CPA)?

If each email/name submit is worth $0.30 to you, then you can get away with spending $1-2 and see if it converts.

I thought it looked completely legit until I spotted that generic 100% FREE badge in the upper left and it killed the page for me.

HEY OLESH999, What ever happened between you and that girl you were pretending to be on here. Was she pissed that you posted her pics and offered to post naked pics of "yourself"? I remember her being pretty mad about it when we found out who she was and asked her about it on facebook.

keep it bro, don't give up after one test run! just with any other traffic source you gotta testestest until you find what works...

HEY OLESH999, What ever happened between you and that girl you were pretending to be on here. Was she pissed that you posted her pics and offered to post naked pics of "yourself"? I remember her being pretty mad about it when we found out who she was and asked her about it on facebook.

cakes. get over it bro. you keep saying the same thing every time a post. instead of wasting your time with this waste your time giving me some advice :)

well, the LP does blow... get 4-5 LP's, make yourself or hire someone for cheap- test them all then come back... get rid of the opt-in and try just linking the offer

I did try direct linking to the offer today. same results. it only converted 2 sad emails. but this time my budget was $10 only.

I've never run PPV but here's something that popped into my head...

There are 3 reasons why people pass up on an offer:

1) They don't want what you're selling
2) They can't afford it
3) They don't believe you

Obviously the first 2 are out of the question which leaves you with #3 (also the most common reason people people pass up on most offers).

I think your offer sounds too good to be true. Get $500 just for giving up an Email address? Something for nothing? Why? What's the catch?

You should re-test this and actually give the reason why; explain the "catch". Insomniac posted a link to a lander that does this (check for availability; complete program requirements).

This could be the solution.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

As a side note: someone back in the day ran a newspaper ad experiment trying to give a way free money. Nobody took him up on the offer. Why? They didn't believe him. Wish I could remember who and when. It was a very interesting (and eye-opening) read.

this makes sense. great piece of advice! I will deff try this offer with a different approach and I think it will convert better.

thank you!

apparently affiliate marketing via PPV is dead on your ip block. Try calling your isp and get an entirely new ip address on a different block. That should fix your conversions right away. You should go from 2 email captures to about 1500 - 2500 easy peasy. Let me know if it works.

I thought it looked completely legit until I spotted that generic 100% FREE badge in the upper left and it killed the page for me.

the reason I used the badge is because back in the day I ran a campaign for one of those grocery gift card offers and it did convert very well when I split tested with the badge and without the badge on the lander.

my convertion rate boosted about 15% whit the badge.

apparently affiliate marketing via PPV is dead on your ip block. Try calling your isp and get an entirely new ip address on a different block. That should fix your conversions right away. You should go from 2 email captures to about 1500 - 2500 easy peasy. Let me know if it works.

hmmmm Im a bit confused by this. How's my IP involved in this?

I agree with Josh you should have stopped testing the offer at $5 (500 views) or roughly 5x the offer, leave it to psychiatric out patients to keep repeating the same actions over and over hoping for a change...

The key to making PPV work is targetting the demos of the offer...with a free gift card you should have targeted sites that give out coupon codes or gift card sites, single 40+ women shop at target? then popup at sites they visit.

If you are not targetting demos then you have to be really creative to get them. You should have offered a guide for the "Top 5 things you should avoid at target" or "Shocking 3 things that can kill you at target" you get the drift....better yet create a poll "3 Targets around GEO_IP_CITY Are conducting a poll, a $500 gift card will be given to particpants only 3 more availble from GEO_IP_CITY" even better pop the geo locations with google maps..

good luck

I have been looking for the GEO_IP_CITY everywhere but I can't find it. I would appreciate it if you could point me to a resource where I can learn how ti implement this?

In the other hand I do agree with you. I don't know why I didnt stop the campaign faster :( .......

I have been looking for the GEO_IP_CITY everywhere but I can't find it. I would appreciate it if you could point me to a resource where I can learn how ti implement this?

It's built into PHP, you just have to feed it a properly encoded key.

Code:
<?php
define('GEO_IP_CITY',base64_decode('U2VyaW91c2x5PyBZb3UgdGhvdWdodCB0aGlzIHdvdWxkIHByaW50IG91dCB5b3VyIGxvY2F0aW9uLiA6UA=='));
define('GEO_IP_COUNTRY',base64_decode('bG9sLCBHVEZP'));

echo GEO_IP_CITY, ", ", GEO_IP_COUNTRY;
?>

I've never run PPV but here's something that popped into my head...

There are 3 reasons why people pass up on an offer:

1) They don't want what you're selling
2) They can't afford it
3) They don't believe you

Obviously the first 2 are out of the question which leaves you with #3 (also the most common reason people people pass up on most offers).

I think your offer sounds too good to be true. Get $500 just for giving up an Email address? Something for nothing? Why? What's the catch?

You should re-test this and actually give the reason why; explain the "catch". Insomniac posted a link to a lander that does this (check for availability; complete program requirements).

This could be the solution.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

As a side note: someone back in the day ran a newspaper ad experiment trying to give a way free money. Nobody took him up on the offer. Why? They didn't believe him. Wish I could remember who and when. It was a very interesting (and eye-opening) read.

can you find the link to that lander? i'm extremely interested in seeing that