Millionaire Fastlane - epic post

Gertex

Jan 21, 2011
Was hesitant posting it here since the guy is celebrating another forum. However, this is one of the better posts I have seen on the subject of making money.

I'll just post wade1mil notes here and keep in mind he is talking about the Millionaire Fastlane forum but all of those lessons apply here as well:

If You Haven’t Made Millions, You Don’t Know How.
I came to the forum thinking I knew how to make money. I was 30 years old and nowhere close to a million in net worth. I gave my advice (which is just another term for “my ignorant opinion”) on things I had no business talking about. When someone who did know what they’re talking about tried to give me advice, I shrugged it off like they were trying to screw with my master plan. It was the thread that JackEdwards posted about his diary of opening a new business that made me realize I had no clue about being an entrepreneur. Since then, I’ve literally told myself, “SHUT THE F&*% UP” so that I can actually soak up the advice people give me. It’s not until you admit you don’t know how to do something that you can start understanding how it’s done.

Most Ideas Are Worth Nothing.
A good idea in the hands of a person not capable of producing is worthless. It’s like giving a 3-month-old baby a handgun. An ordinary idea in the hands of a person capable of producing massively is priceless. It’s like giving a third degree black belt a broomstick. Pay attention to how successful people on this forum think. There was a thread a little while ago about a mobile pizza franchise and the whole ideas was dismissed in 30 seconds by a successful entrepreneur. A lot of people interested in the idea would have spent weeks of time or maybe wasted money pursuing this venture. To be quite honest, I still don’t think about business as clearly as I’d like, but pay attention to the reasons why these people say yes or no to a potential business. While doing this, pretend you have no idea what you’re talking about so you actually learn something.

Just Because You Don’t Like Working At A Job, Does Not Mean That You’re An Entrepreneur.
Some people complain about their mundane job, their horrible boss, their crappy pay, their horrible stress and their hate toward working a 9-5. I couldn’t agree more, but that alone doesn’t mean that you’re an entrepreneur. Maybe you’re just a crappy employee and a lazy ass that wants everything done for them. I played professional baseball and was a damn good pitcher. Considering there are 300 million people in America and less than 5,000 professional baseball jobs at any given time, I was in the top 99.998% of baseball players in the country. Being good at business has proved to be WAY harder than that. It’s not even close. If you can’t survive a 9-5, good luck growing a million dollar business.

Making Millions Is A Process, Not An Event.
MJ discusses this in TMF and on this forum. A lot of people who haven’t made millions in the past dismiss this because they feel as though they are the “chosen one.” They think that this only applies to “normal people” and think, “But I’m an entrepreneur.” I’d like to point out that this applies to something else as well. I’ve probably read about 25 books about business and personal development and I’m sure there are people that have read a lot more than I have. I was always looking for that one motivating quote, that one piece of advice, that one bulleted list of actions steps to take that pushed me over the ledge into piles of cash I don’t even know what to do with. That quote, that advice, that list… doesn’t exist. Quit searching for that one tiny thing that all of a sudden transforms you into Donald Trump. Anyone who says it was this one little thing that made them millions is forgetting to point out the other 10,000 things they learned from the books they’ve read and the failures and the successes they went through. Until we can download information into our brains like in The Matrix, learning is a process as well.

Nobody Cares About How Bad You’ve Had It
Don’t use your past as an excuse. Nobody cares how bad I’ve had it. Nobody cares that you grew up in a tough neighborhood or you’re homeless and 18. I feel bad for you, but I’m not going to write you a check. You have two options. One, keep complaining and stay where you are. Or two, do something to get out. One of the most annoying things about social media is that people complain too damn much. The next time I see a Facebook post that says, “I’m so sick of my job,” I’m going to vomit on my computer. If you’re so sick of it, then get off Facebook and go apply somewhere else.

Added the rest so you don't have to go to the other site:

You Are The Only Person Who Can Get You Where You Want To Go
I’m calling myself out here. Don’t know why. Don’t care. Maybe this will help somebody. I (unknowingly) came to this forum as a hardcore wantrepreneur. I had some ideas, but had no clue where to start. Last year, two members – Kung Fu Steve (hiyaaa!) and JackEdwards – kindly offered to help me out. We talked a little bit about some things I could do and some steps I could take. When Jack and I were talking about one business idea in particular, he threw out a very large number - $500 million annually. I called some people and did some research, but that’s when the wantrepreneur in me kicked in. I wanted to talk to successful entrepreneurs about business, but when it came down to it, I was all talk. Sorry for having wasted your time gentlemen, but it was necessary for me to take the step from wantrepreneur to entrepreneur. Listen, somebody can lead you in the right direction, but you’re the only one that can do anything about it. Nobody is going to do it for you. You have to do it yourself. Vigilante posted about how sometimes we make things way harder than they actually are. It's very encouraging for those that are scared to take the next step.

Instead Of Turning $8.13 Into $1 Million, Start With $100
Thanks to Biophase’s post, I’ve only recently adopted this mindset. There isn’t a person registered on this forum that wouldn’t want to make (possibly another) $1 million. A lot of people (including myself) have said they want to go from nothing to millions in a year, or by a certain age or whatever. There is nothing wrong with wanting to make $1 million in a year. The problem is, if you haven’t made $100 from a business then maybe you should start there first. Or $1,000 or $10,000 or whatever your number is. Start with by walking a lap before you enter the Boston Marathon. When you hit your goal of $100, congratulations! Now make a new goal of $1,000. When you hit that goal, move on to $5,000, and then $10,000 and so on until you hit $1 million. There is a great side effect to this way of thinking that Biophase pointed out and that is you give yourself more opportunity. If your goal is to make $1 million, you will look past a business selling, say, Ping-Pong balls because you think it could only make a few thousand a month. Guess what? A few thousand a month will help pay your bills and fund your million-dollar business venture. Figure out a way to become financially free making $3,000 selling Ping-Pong balls and you’ll have all the freedom to start any business you want. Thanks to ton of help from Vigilante and Biophase, I have been working on starting an online business for which my goal is making $1,000 by the end of August.

If You Want To Know Something Simple, Google Is Your Friend.
This forum is unlike most forums. A lot of new people will ask very basic questions like, “How do I start an online store?” You aren’t going to get good answers to questions like that. There are probably 500 million places you can find this answer. Start reading and you’ll find out how to start an online store. Ask well thought out questions to get well thought out answers.

Some Threads Should Be Required To Read
Snowbank made a post a long time ago about getting free mentoring on this forum. When you have some down time, you need to read the posts from the top members of this forum. Go down to the bottom of the home page and look at the names under the “Members TOP SPEED Reputations” list. Click on each of their names (and MJDeMarco) and then click on the “Find Latest Started Threads” link on the left side of their profile. Read each one of these posts because there is a ton of information available. A lot of it won’t apply to you, but some of it will and you’ll get an adrenaline rush.

It’s okay to make mistakes, say stupid things, whatever. It’s all part of learning. Hopefully these few things I’ve learned over the past year can help you get there faster. And thank you to everyone that has helped me get to where I am. Cheers!

Thoughts?

Admins: Since this is about another forum and IF it's deemed unacceptable, please delete. However, I thought it was just the same as linking to reddit.

Reactions: ShalaMedia
Honestly, I didn't find that forum to be 'that' good. Sometimes though you find a nugget worth sharing... :)

The way I think about this is quite simple.

First of all, ditch the "I want $1 million in the bank" or whatever. For a start, no sane wealthy person has $1m sitting in a bank account (well - unless their net worth is 8 figs+). Secondly, thinking about that doesn't help you get any closer to your goal.

So set a goal, a low, achievable goal that you can hit within a month from now. So say, I'm gonna make $100 per month.

Every single day do something which will bring you closer to that $100. Once you get there, then set a goal of $250 a month. Again, dedicate every day to doing something which gets you closer to that figure.

It sounds simple, but so many people fail on this basic level. You sit here on WF rather than doing things that add value, or chill on FB, waste time reading Techcrunch, whatever it is that sucks your time. So the more important thing is to note down at the end of the day EVERY thing you have done in that day, and a justification of how it moved you closer to that goal. You'll soon realise that lots of what you waste your time during the day doing isn't adding any value, and get better at spending your time doing useful things. If you don't have the basic motivation to do something like that, then you don't have what it takes to succeed anyway.

Action makes money. Sitting on your ass reading, or whatever - doesn't. Whilst learning from others is valuable, it's only useful for pointing you in the right direction. Beyond that you have to try things and fail for yourself. It's like when you tell a teenager all the things they shouldn't do, that you did and regret. They won't listen, they'll go out and make the same mistakes, and tell their kids the same thing. This doesn't really change throughout life. You can only learn so much from what other people tell you.

So the more important thing is to note down at the end of the day EVERY thing you have done in that day, and a justification of how it moved you closer to that goal.

this.

Planning things out is great, but nobody ever got wealthy by planning, it's all doing.

Keep track of what you do, and you'll want to do more.

In my experience, accomplishment begets accomplishment.

Bullshit. This makes it seem like the individual holds his/her success in their own hands. We all know that they didn't build that...

fucking this. I have been bug hunting today. I didn't spend ages planning, I just started looking through the code that makes me money, remembering old niggles. Due to today's work I estimate I'll make $300 more per week, every week.

Reading all the posts from JackEdwards on that Diary of Opening a Business post.

This guy just charges it. Hires hires hires, fails, learns, re-tools, and keeps attacking until he makes positive cash flow. There's not tons of details, but I admire it bigtime.

Funny how at first, training and hiring and getting people to stay is the hardest thing. So many people are just not used to the chaos. Even with unemployment so high (where he's at it's actually not that bad though) he couldn't keep many at first.

Only on page 5 though. Really cool thread, check it out. Doesn't take long to read if you only read his posts.

Berto, that 'Diary of opening a business' post is good stuff.

$15k investment - going all out. Interesting the issues he had people not taking him/business serious because they did not have a fancy office etc. etc..

Lots to learn in that thread.

Berto, that 'Diary of opening a business' post is good stuff.

$15k investment - going all out. Interesting the issues he had people not taking him/business serious because they did not have a fancy office etc. etc..

Lots to learn in that thread.

A fancy office is one of the best investments I make month after month.

There is something to be said about morale (both my morale and the morale of people working for me) when they walk into work everyday into an awesome looking office. And it lets you separate work/not work a lot better.

This looks like a really good read, kind of hits it right on the head from what I was scanning. Going to wake up early tomorrow and get into it, thanks for suggesting.

Reading The Millionaire Fastlane was for me, a huge turning point. I recently wrote a review about it here.

The forum is also dripping with golden advice and insights from guys who have actually taken action (and then some), and are doing quite well for themselves. Like with any forum, you have to skim through some newb threads to find the gold - but trust me, it's there.

WRONG!

You need to follow the 10 X rule.

So you want 1 million?

Multiply that by 10.

You want 10 million? YES

Now just work 10 times harder than you originally planned on working.

Sounds simple? It is!

I want a billion dollars. I want 10 billion dollars.

What you want doesn't change how much you'll work. You won't work "less" for 1 million dollars than you would after 10, unless you got to 1 million, and stopped or something.

It's good to have long term goals like that, but you need achievable short term goals, too.

Saying "I want 10 million dollars!" doesn't get you any closer to 1 million dollars.

Gertex, thanks for bringing up the Fastlane forum. I'd actually added MJ's book to my Amazon wishlist a while back, and it's been sitting there ever since, gathering dust. Now seems like an opportune time to order it....

Gertex, thanks for bringing up the Fastlane forum. I'd actually added MJ's book to my Amazon wishlist a while back, and it's been sitting there ever since, gathering dust. Now seems like an opportune time to order it....

I started reading it a week ago, its decent so far but he makes certain assumptions that don't make a lot of sense to me....i'm going to wait until I finish it to really judge...maybe certain things i'm wondering will be explained.

Reading The Millionaire Fastlane was for me, a huge turning point. I recently wrote a review about it here.

The forum is also dripping with golden advice and insights from guys who have actually taken action (and then some), and are doing quite well for themselves. Like with any forum, you have to skim through some newb threads to find the gold - but trust me, it's there.

Apart from MJ, JackEdwards, Brander, Rickson9 and maybe Snowbank it's pretty barren. And these post very irregularly for a good reason.