mcnabb to the skins

dumb moves on both teams. I don't like kolb, I think he is equal to alex smith. Redskins have an awful o-line, can't pass protect. Whose he going to throw to? Chris Cooley and Fred Davis all year? He might make Santana Moss look good, doubt it though.

That is almost as bad a trade as Chicago going after over valued bust of the century Jay Cutler...

OK OK, settle down I'm just trying to take a stab at Bears fans!

Predictions? I'd say Kolb gets hurt or sucks it up and Vick starts for the Eagles.

Hell yeah

66YTi.png

As an avid Eagles fan, I must say it sucks to see McNabb leave - however, I see the philosophy around it. Andy Reid is hoping Kolb is the next Elway, and if he's not, then just have Vick run the ball every play. If the Eagles didn't get rid of McNabb this year, they would have lost him last year and got nothing in return. None the less, Andy Reid is a smart guy and has proven that he knows whats going on, so I sure hope he has a plan.

This is a good read that explains exactly how this trade went down and he ended up with the Redskins: McNabb strong-arms his way to D.C. - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

As a Skins fan, I'd like to think that this trade will help them kill it this year.
But as a Skins fan, I also know that McNabb will suck this season, and will be traded again in the next year or two.

pfgannon - McNabb is hit or miss. He's either incredible or absolutely horrible. The main reason why so many Philly fans wanted him out is that every season - our loss in the playoffs was a result of one of his horrible days. He never had that "perfect" postseason, hence why we never went the distance.

It'll be interesting to hear the fans reaction when McNabb returns to Philly.

pfgannon - McNabb is hit or miss. He's either incredible or absolutely horrible. The main reason why so many Philly fans wanted him out is that every season - our loss in the playoffs was a result of one of his horrible days. He never had that "perfect" postseason, hence why we never went the distance.

It'll be interesting to hear the fans reaction when McNabb returns to Philly.
Which is why the whole trade seems foolish. The Redskins already struggle in the regular season. When they do make it to the playoffs, it's not unusual for them to fuck everything up royally. Fumbles and dozens of flags come to mind.

I really need to find a new NFL team to follow.

I think its a great deal for the skins - it seems like they just need to get back on the map in the NFC east and McNabb has proven he can do that. The eagles are doing this to limit how far backwards they go in the rebuilding process. If Kolb works out - we will be back on top of the NFC in a year or 2, without being all that bad. Our team has been entirely reconstructed from 2 years ago at this point.

In the past two off seasons the Eagles released / traded the players that made them what they were for the past 10 years...They know when it's time to rebuild...I'd say the last two losses this season against dallas was what sealed the deal for the eagles wanting to trade mcnabb...

McNabb was horrific against the Cowboys in the Playoffs last season. They went from Super Bowl favorites to being a joke. I like McNabb but he really lacked consistency when it counted most. At least Vick runs

Basically...Like said earlier in this thread, McNabb is hit or miss, and in playoffs it's guaranteed to eventually be miss...if he couldn't win a super bowl with TO, it's not likely for him.

Julius Peppers + Brian Urlacher = the 1985 Bears defense all over again. It's time for the Shuffle pt 2.

I enjoyed watching the Eagles with a healthy Brian Westbrook more than anything else. Appears no love lost from fans on his release. Most likely should open some money up for the roster. Enjoyed McNabb too, but when he was bad - he was bad.