Looking for a Wrist Watch to match my lifestyle

Wicked Ice

Busy
Nov 11, 2007
I'm looking for a wrist watch which I can use for business and also for sport. I want something I don't need to take off .... ever. Something with a date and perhaps day of the week on it. Preferably titanium as it doesn't rust.

I do kite surfing, wind surfing and surfing in salt water. I don't want to have to take it off in the shower etc. I also don't want it to end up stinking.

I don't want something which looks like a childs watch but also don't want something so expensive that when i wipe out in a wave and it gets smashed I don't end up crying for months about the financial loss.

So ideally something which looks good with a suit but also is ideal for surfing etc.

I've been hunting so far and come up with a couple of options but need more. I am happy to pay more for a decent option.

PfTkf.jpg

UNBPF.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqMWWJz-Fk0]Birdman Gives Lil Wayne a $1 Million dollar Watch 4 His Birthday.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

I've got an oysterdate which I take off for sports. Considering a Bulgari sports watch, worth checking out. Slightly cheaper than the rolex sports models but still quality and look good in all situations.

I have an Orient black Mako (some people prefer the blue Mako) until I can afford a Panerai. $200, real, pretty accurate movement (not quartz) and it's waterproof enough to go windsurfing with.

With standard strap:
img1387g.jpg

With NATO strap (on a blue Mako rather than a black one):
135_3588.jpg

who wears a watch at this point? Do you read paper newspapers too?

Out of context, but respect for being one of the few that practice both kite and windsurf actively. I thought this was sort of an endangered species.

Do sup, kiting and wsurfing here at PR. Where do you ride?

Waterman ftw

Anyways, shiny metals + sand + boards' non-slip stuff don't mix. Good old Tissot for me.

I'm after a breitling like this, around $10k.

br149-1.jpg

I have this pulsar at the moment.

pulsar-17650.jpg

Who wears a watch to train/work out/play a sport?

Other than women, I mean.

If you're going to waste money on something that you can already check on your phone [the time] - might as well keep it business. People in gym will laugh/possibly rob you.

Who wears a watch to train/work out/play a sport?

Other than women, I mean.

If you're going to waste money on something that you can already check on your phone [the time] - might as well keep it business. People in gym will laugh/possibly rob you.

LOL, what kind of gym do you go to?

I have an Orient black Mako (some people prefer the blue Mako) until I can afford a Panerai. $200, real, pretty accurate movement (not quartz) and it's waterproof enough to go windsurfing with.

With standard strap:
img1387g.jpg

With NATO strap (on a blue Mako rather than a black one):
135_3588.jpg

Wow, you aged terribly as you switched those straps brah

Reactions: zxcvb
Plenty of people in my gym wear watches. If I'm just doing some cardio I quite often leave my rolex on, its safer than leaving it in a locker and I can time things (I don't take my mobile in the gym). I'm certainly not concerned someone might rob me! Suppose it depends where you live.

[/ATTACH]i will Sell you my Rolex if you Want :)

Attachments

• n1629380518_181118_7462454.jpg
    n1629380518_181118_7462454.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 14
For daily activities I prefer Tag Heuer and Cartier for out and about.