Lokking for suggestion for an entertainment site

Status
Not open for further replies.

WallaceCleaver

Jun 26, 2006
My computer chair
Looking for suggestion for an entertainment site

Adsense doesn't have that high of a payout for my type of entertainment site, so I was wonder how others monotize the trafffic. Are there certain affiliate programs that work well with entertainment sites? If you know of any, then please suggest them.

What type of entertainment site? If it's humor/videos, that sort of thing then you might want to try adult friend finder or some other dating site that'll pay a few cents per click (or a percentage of sign ups). I see those programs on a ton of entertainment sites so I'm guessing they must do fairly well.

But if you let us know a little more in depth what type of site it is then you might get better help. Entertainment is a pretty big niche.

CPM Programs (Pay per impression) :

casalemedia
fastclick (aka valueclick)
tribalfusion
rightmedia (yieldmanager)
burstmedia
maxonline
etc..

adbrite - sell ad space (ppc ads that look kinda like adsense).

You could also sell ad space on your own...

Specifically I am referring to fan sites for actors and musicians.

I tried CPM, but my account was terminated because too few ads were being clicked. How many page views do you suppose that you would have to get to make CPM successful?

Chris22, do you personally have experience selling Adbrite ads on an entertainment site? Has it worked well for you?

Oh, and who or what is filecabi?

filecabi.net is a video host... which is the area i though you were referring to when you said "entertainment site".

JDA said:
... you might want to try adult friend finder or some other dating site that'll pay a few cents per click (or a percentage of sign ups). I see those programs on a ton of entertainment sites so I'm guessing they must do fairly well.

I read someone say at Digital Point that you can't use Adult Friend Finder with Adsense. Does anyone know if that is true?

WallaceCleaver said:
I tried CPM, but my account was terminated because too few ads were being clicked.

Which CPM program where you using?

WallaceCleaver said:
Chris22, do you personally have experience selling Adbrite ads on an entertainment site? Has it worked well for you?

Yeah, but I only use adbrite for gambling sites. They do ok. Lots of sites do well with adbrite, ebaumsworld and other big ent. sites use them.

kyleirwin said:
filecabi.net is a video host... which is the area i though you were referring to when you said "entertainment site".

I think of arcade sites now when I hear entertainment site

donn said:
Blogads if the site is successful.

I would love to use blogads, but I read their site and you have to be sponsored by someone who is already a member. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who is a member to hit them up for a sponsorship.

WallaceCleaver said:
I would love to use blogads, but I read their site and you have to be sponsored by someone who is already a member. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who is a member to hit them up for a sponsorship.

Really? That didn't used to be the case.

I have blogads invites if anyone needs them. Just PM me. Your site should have at least 1,000 page views a day though, or it won't do you much good because you won't show up on the Blogads page until you meet a certain traffic threshold.

I don't know if you can use Adult Friend Finder with Adsense, but I'm guessing not. AFF has tamer affilate programs though with no nudity or adult content. That company has a bunch of dating sites, from seniors to specific nationalities to bizarre fetishes, they've got it all covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.