liquid web is starting to blow ass

LegitAM

WF Premium Member
Apr 7, 2010
I pay these guys way more than I pay elsewhere for my current setups and was pleased with things at first... but their tech support is getting retarded.

Everytime I open a "tech support" live chat these guys want me to create a ticket for my issue which are not hard at all (ex: replacing a mysql string or fixing a file path) and are of absolutely NO help.

My $9/m hostgator tech support does more than my $80/m liquidweb wtf is going on.

endrant.

Use livechat. They usually fix my minor issues like that fairly quickly.

But yeah I've been with LW for about a year now and they are not nearly as good as they were in the beginning. I'm always getting random bugs and errors every month.

it is live chat im working with. He said to open a support ticket so that their techs can fix it... wtf is this guy then. Frustrating as hell man. The server works great, but support is just not up to par for what im paying IMO.

There was a thread exactly like this a week ago.

IMO, their support is horrible, but their uptime has been really good over the years for me.

I understand your concern. Sometimes is a pain in the butt to open a single ticket everytime you need them to do something with your server but I kind of understand them. Maybe they need all your issues "documented" in order to justify any action in case the customer goes nuts. I've read a lot of threads in webhostingtalk where guys go mad because hosting companies shut down their accounts.

In the other hand, for the price LW charges, I'd expect them to send me a chocolate box once in a while; too expensive. I thought their service was amazing, but I've seen a lot of rants lately, so probably something is going on there.

They must really be dropping the ball lately. I've sent a lot of people to LW over the years and some of those people have started bitching at me for recommending them.

As far as documentation, chat logs should always be saved anyways (acting as documentation). I'm not sure if it's just they've reduced their staff, or found it to be more efficient for them to put it into a ticket, but it makes me wonder what they are actually doing on the live support if they can't even help me with something basic like that.

I should note they are quick to respond via the tickets though once created, so that's a plus... you aren't waiting for hours on end. Just a PITA to create the actual ticket time and time again or having to go dig in my own backend versus other hosts whose support does it and says something like "problem solved"!

Judge by your own experiences this was more me just frustrated with a couple things the past few days... been on edge between finals for school and doing some rebranding/shifting of my ecommerce stores.

Not sure why you think LW is expensive.
I have accounts in LW, Servint, WT and Knownhost..

All of them have similar pricing (10-15% here and there). Knownhost has a good discount, so they are a wee bit cheaper, but all the about the same... What is your idea of a Cheap VPS?

Yeah their heroic support was way better than today, but I have never run into issues that big, lately..

Not sure why you think LW is expensive.
I have accounts in LW, Servint, WT and Knownhost..

All of them have similar pricing (10-15% here and there). Knownhost has a good discount, so they are a wee bit cheaper, but all the about the same... What is your idea of a Cheap VPS?

Yeah their heroic support was way better than today, but I have never run into issues that big, lately..

Liquidweb is expensive. You can get dedicated servers with better specs for the same price as their VPS plans.

Liquidweb is expensive. You can get dedicated servers with better specs for the same price as their VPS plans.

I have 2 grandfathered 50 a month accounts with them.. ( Not sure what the price is today)
For the same Spec, all managed VPSes cost around 50 to 60 on most of the Big providers...

I pay these guys way more than I pay elsewhere for my current setups and was pleased with things at first... but their tech support is getting retarded.

Everytime I open a "tech support" live chat these guys want me to create a ticket for my issue which are not hard at all (ex: replacing a mysql string or fixing a file path) and are of absolutely NO help.

My $9/m hostgator tech support does more than my $80/m liquidweb wtf is going on.

endrant.

So you're wasting live support's time with your stupid sql and configuration mistakes, but they're retarded?