launch pop up from Window Media File

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClickChick

Jan 3, 2007
i have seen some videos where partway through watching it, a pop up browser window is launched. i think this trick only works with windows media player but i am not sure.

i have searched for how to do this but can not figure it out. can anyone help? i would like to try and create my own videos and launch a pop up when played.

You'll need to get the Windows Media Digital Rights Management SDK. You can get the SDK easily, but a certificate to sign the redistributable WMV files with requires you to dance the dance with Microsoft and send in a your business' Ceritificate of Incorporation. Once they verify you are who you say you are, they will give you signing authority with a certificate.

This trick doesn't work like it used to because Windows Media Player puts up a nice big warning that something bad might happen and that you are being redirected to an external website....

Still has some merit though.

Good luck.

We offer this for quicktime, both from the browser and the standalone player. PM me with your requirements and I can look into WMV's as well.

Quicktime's .MOV files do this. After WMP v9.0 URL switching has been turned off. The most common way to have a WMV file "pop" a small window is through DRM license request. Not as effective as the older 'automatic' way.

Status
Not open for further replies.