Last Blog Post from The Guy Who Flew His Plane into IRS Building

well there's an easy way out of this. Just leave the US and disappear. Fake your own death, buy a new identitiy... whatever you want can be arranged in some countries. I dont see why the dude had to put other people's lifes in danger just to prove his point.

While I don't like the IRS , and don't like the government in general , this guy seemed more like a communist than anything else.........on top of that , he still is a murderer.

The guy was just crazy and had psychological issues his ramblings while farely coherent don't mean anything. Considering he had a 230k house (fairly nice for Austin) as well as his own plane the IRS obviously wasn't fucking him that badly.

well there's an easy way out of this. Just leave the US and disappear. Fake your own death, buy a new identitiy... whatever you want can be arranged in some countries. I dont see why the dude had to put other people's lifes in danger just to prove his point.

cuz he didnt' want to run away from the problem. he wanted to make a point and extreme violence is a great way to make a point.

No, this guy isn't crazy.

He's a pissed off patriot. Of course he could have just left the country...but what does that solve, in America?

He wrote that long ass letter so people when read it when it died, it's the only way he thought he could get his message out.

Played his life by the rules and fucking lost. I guess that's what happen when you play by the rules in America these days.

Played his life by the rules and fucking lost. I guess that's what happen when you play by the rules in America these days.

You are only reading his side of the story.

It sounds like to me that this guy went to great lengths to find and use loopholes in the tax code. Maybe if he spent less time looking for loopholes and actually worked on his biz he would be fine. People should just pay their taxes and worry about their business, not spending huge amounts of time studying taxes to figure out how they can save a few bucks while there business goes into the ground.

It sounds like to me that this guy went to great lengths to find and use loopholes in the tax code. Maybe if he spent less time looking for loopholes and actually worked on his biz he would be fine. People should just pay their taxes and worry about their business, not spending huge amounts of time studying taxes to figure out how they can save a few bucks while there business goes into the ground.

except the tax law in the USA makes it illegal for programmers to do 1099 work, and it also will shut down 1-man LLCs that are programmers.

While true for the most part he was simply standing up for what he believed in. He was trying to send a message just like everyone else in the world is in one way or another. He just didn't send a message, or stand up for what he believed in, in the most conventional way.

Perhaps some forgot that he wounded 11 people, 2 critically. And some are saying he's a 'patriot' or that extreme violence is a 'great way' to make a point. Amazing.

The 2 people he critically injured were just regular people doing their job and going to work like anyone else. They didn't create the tax policy or write the tax code. He might as well have murdered his neighbor for all they had to do with creating the laws on taxation.

There's nothing noble about trying to murder random nobodies doing their job and enforcing a tax code created decades ago. There's nothing patriotic about trying to murder civilians in order to send some 'message' to the government. Last I checked, that was called terrorism. This guy was a communist nutjob, plain and simple.

You actually give a shit what the IRS has to say?

Perhaps some forgot that he wounded 11 people, 2 critically. And some are saying he's a 'patriot' or that extreme violence is a 'great way' to make a point. Amazing.

The 2 people he critically injured were just regular people doing their job and going to work like anyone else. They didn't create the tax policy or write the tax code. He might as well have murdered his neighbor for all they had to do with creating the laws on taxation.

There's nothing noble about trying to murder random nobodies doing their job and enforcing a tax code created decades ago. There's nothing patriotic about trying to murder civilians in order to send some 'message' to the government. Last I checked, that was called terrorism. This guy was a communist nutjob, plain and simple.

It is your right to pay as less tax as possible. Of course, the IRS don't want you to pay as less tax as possible so they added so many new rules over the years (not decades ago btw) that not even someone with years of tax studies understand their rules. Their rule book is muddier than muddy water. Their motto is "don't fuck with us, we are the mobster of the government".