Laptop suggestions under $1k - Non Mac

I'm about to purchase a Lenovo for business. I go between a mac and Dell right now. The Dell is great, but it's from 2005 and on it's last leg. I had a new dell for 6 months about a year ago for work and it was a pos.

IMO... I never bought a mac, to dam overpriced. I always just go to best buy and get a bright hi-def 17'' laptop thats fairly quick, usually like 5-600 bux. Theres no need to drop 1500-2000 for a laptop dude. Im on a G72 HP right now and love it.

I started to consider an ASUS or Lenovo, just have to see which one I like better and which has a better deal going on.

I have an HP and I love it. I would suggest getting an HP from Sams Club and definitely buy their 3 year extended warranty which is only 80 bucks. I haven't had any problem with my HP thus far and I've had for over two years. I would definitely buy another HP when the time is right and maybe a windows based tablet too.

I have a toshiba laptop and it's been pretty much bullet proof.

I was going to add that. I used to buy Dells, but some weird thing or another kept breaking on them. IMO - Planned obsolescence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I switched to Toshiba - and now I think we have 3 in the house, and I sent another off to college with my son.

They are not the lightest laptops on the market, but seem to have been designed to take constant use without croaking.