Just Getting Into Bourbon/Whiskey - Suggestions?

NickRac

ก้้้้้้&
Jan 9, 2009
Greenwich, CT
www.racanelligroup.com
Well as the title suggest - I am just starting to get into bourbons and whiskeys. I love red wine and I love tequila - now my pallet is expanding and I'd love to hear what you guys have to suggest...

What kind of whiskeys, bourbons, sour mashes etc do you enjoy? Would love to add some more things to try!

So far I like...
Maker's Mark
Woodford Reserve
Jack Single/Gentleman's Jack
Jim Beam Red Stag(cheating I know)
Revel Stoke (Canadian Whiskey)

Don't Like...
Wild Turkey
Jim beam/Jim Beam Black
Knob Creek
Crown Royal(Canadian again)

Eh, might drink again...
Bulleit Bourbon

Last minute Edit: I've tried and tried and tried...but...I hate scotch whiskey.

I don't really like Bourbon, but I do have an Elijah Craig 18 year, which is decent. I'm more into Scotch (still a beginner), and in that category I like Balvenie, Oban, Macallan, and Glenmorangie (especially Necter D'Or, which spends two years in Sauternes casks, so it's sweet and a nice dessert Scotch imo). I also have a bottle of Lagavulin, but I haven't yet acquired a taste for the Islay, more medicinal Scotches.

Glenfiddich - Good starting scotch.

Macallan - A scotch with wide range of varieties.

Jameson - All purpose, low cost, good whiskey.

If you like Red Stag then try Southern Comfort. Incredibly easy to shoot (if you mix it though I highly suggest using diet drinks as it's incredibly sweet).

Be a man drink, Jack and Coke. And the Coke sweetness combats some of the Whiskey burn.

Always fun to drink stimulants and depressants at the same time.

largekslabel.gif

Anything from Buffalo Trace. Visited their distillery in KY a couple months ago. They are awesome people that make some fine booze.

Dickel is pretty good, too. A buddy gave me a bottle recently and I sip on it when I'm too lazy to go get more beer.

Also, check out: « Bourbon Central » Whiskey discussion, reviews, cocktails, ratings, education, and news

Owner of that site is a member here. I know this, because when I first stumbled upon this internet marketing world, he hired me to write some content for that site.

How can anybody actually enjoy the taste of hard alcohol? I enjoy the getting drunk part but definitely not the drinking part. Perhaps I am too young, and my palate unrefined...

Well as the title suggest - I am just starting to get into bourbons and whiskeys. I love red wine and I love tequila - now my pallet is expanding and I'd love to hear what you guys have to suggest...

What kind of whiskeys, bourbons, sour mashes etc do you enjoy? Would love to add some more things to try!

So far I like...
Maker's Mark
Woodford Reserve
Jack Single/Gentleman's Jack
Jim Beam Red Stag(cheating I know)
Revel Stoke (Canadian Whiskey)

Don't Like...
Wild Turkey
Jim beam/Jim Beam Black
Knob Creek
Crown Royal(Canadian again)

Eh, might drink again...
Bulleit Bourbon

Last minute Edit: I've tried and tried and tried...but...I hate scotch whiskey.

Give Canadian Club a try. And try Bushmill Irish Whiskey as well.