JP Morgan Chase Reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesH

Jun 25, 2006
I'm looking into opening a checking account and getting a CC at Chase. Then later this summer once I get my LLC going get a business checking and CC account etc. I'm currently with a local bumfuck bank that has been good except it's lagging behind with the online management, thus I'm switching to Chase so I can sync with apps and shit and track my monies and expenses better.

Anyways, how has your experiences with Chase been thus far?

They have shitty business account options. I think they are charging like $1.50+ PER fuckin ACH or someshit. Limited to like 25 a month. And just other redic. shit.

Who do you recommend? I basically want to be able to track all of my shit with my Mac and iPhone.

Well I'm with a local branch, and it's been great but I just can't sync my data with any services thanks to it's screwy online management system.

Let me clarify what I mean by syncing my data. I want to use programs such as Mint.com or Quickbooks (just examples, still doing research on which one's I'll actually use). Because of the way my bank currently has it's online portal setup, it's not compatible with these systems, so they can't access my shit. However now that I think about it, do I really want to give these programs access to my financial details? IDK yet still doing research.

<immaturity>
Plus the debit/credit cards at my bank look like shit.
</immaturity>

Stay as far away as possible. I used to work for them... I could go on and on and on... but I won't. Just don't.

What's so bad about Chase? I'm soon to be with Chase as Wamu slowly makes the transition to them. Your making me want to jump ship to Wells Fargo.

I worked in both the banking and credit card divisions... Both sides were terrible (of course the credit division was worse). The problem with chase is their fine print. They thrive on charging their customers for every little thing. Hidden fees are their bread and butter.

I don't know if it has changed yet, but there was a point (back around 2004) when they would charge customers if they called in to request their online checking password be reset. I think it was like $1.50...

There are much better alternatives (I always suggest locally owned banks).

My only experience with Chase has been a Chase Freedom card I got a year or so ago for a $250 sign up bonus. It's been the card I spend all my money on since because it gets 1.25% cash back everywhere and more for gas and food. When I got in AM recently I've used it to keep the cash flowing and get that %1.25 cash back but I've out grown the limit, it's small enough that even if I make a payment every 3 days (the max the allow) it doesn't let me spend enough. The experience overall has been fine as I haven't had a single problem.

I'd love to get a higher limit business card with them that has the same cash back as I haven't had any bad experiences with them and there online system is better and faster updating then my Amex, Citi, BofA or Discover cards.

Avoid them. Dude, they hold the MOST credit default swaps, a massive obligation = risky bank. Even if the FDIC steps in, they may place a lot of conditions to getting your $ back. You're welcome.

Don't go with a big bank like Bank of America or Chase etc. Stick to a local bank - if you are looking for a long term business relationship, thats the way to go. You get better service and they don't fuck you with ridiculous fees.

I have a united chase card and it's actually one of my favorites to use with PPC because it gets declined the least. I have over 200K miles on it now from various PPC costs. I haven't experienced any weird fees except for the 60/year. I've switched over to using a southwest miles card and some with 2% cashback, but overall I like chase. Also it links up with Quickbooks Online syncing with no problem, so that's a plus for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.