It's YOUR Business.

I love hearing stories about people's first foray into online marketing! Truth be told, I still get amped about $20 days on EPN. The most I've made in one day was in the $xx,xxx range, and while that was awesome, it's the littlest victories that are the most exciting.

Congrats guys! Keep plugging away!

Thanks Mike for the encouragement. Only in the last couple of months have i decided to start a businesses out of this even though i've been plugging away for the last 2-3 years. Thank god i've got a side business which keept me off the streets in those early years :) It's fun but hard work but at the end of the day you just got to keep hustling to make it. Little victories sure are the sweetest.

I found that reading SEO-related forums and blogs are really helpful. You're updated and you can easily share ideas and ask questions -- not the troll type queries.

I am more motivated than ever to pursue IM through your post, Mike. Thank you. It was a really inspiring, sincere and well-written post. I hope to follow your tips and achieve a significant success in this online business.

Interesting read. I still kind of feel like the only ones getting rich in IM are the ones selling books on how to get rich in IM.

Thanks mike for such great information & tips. I like in last where you said

" There are people making millions of dollars / euros / pounds per year marketing online. Why can't you be one of them "

Thanks for motivation.

totally agree with all the above. I think I shall have to work on networking...always believed in one man army ;) thanks Mike for sharing.

Great list by Mike.

I'd like to add my own little piece of advice that newbies will love.

You want 200-300 dollars for domains, hosting, and tools? Find a content writing gig and write out articles for a week and you have your initial cash base. You can do this on fiverr or any other site. Do the grunt work and you'll have plenty of cash to start up and make real money.

Another vital piece of information is finding someone experienced to work with. Offer to intern with them for free and they'll often give you great advice and help you start up your own cash making offers. Learning from a mentor is one way I see guys going from 50 a month to 10 grand a month.

VERY helpful post, thank you. It's hard to admit but I'm still a newbie in this business.

I really appereciatedthe rant. I got somethings useful from the post. Maybe I will need it more in the future.

That's right! Don't afraid of losing money if this is for your basic need to earn. We should take a risk in order to get in return. There's no such thing as "Business" if there's no money involved! :)

I really appreciate the heading, it truly is your business and you simply can not depend on someone else to do the job as attentively as you do. This is a serious task and it must not be taken lightly. It is your business and none of the people should be left to take responsibility for it.