Is it just me or does YSM have that many search partners that my CTR is shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sticks79

Jun 3, 2007
Time has come for me to start using YSM, before I say anything yes I am aware I need to constantly block shit domains which is what I'm doing as my analytics tells me and also setting my shit to standard match.

Anyway I basically copied my campaigns from adwords and also wrote some totally new ads blah blah blah.

Basically my CTR should be a lot better than what it is to impressions.

My ads and offers are far better than my competition etc etc.

I realize there's plenty of other factors and the campaign is new.

So is it me or does YSM have so many fucking search partners that impressions are thru the roof and CTR is shit?

They really do have that many "search partners". I've had others tell me they have blocked as many as Yahoo would allow them too and are still getting hit by shit sites.

That and your ads probably aren't as good as you think they are.

They really do have that many "search partners". I've had others tell me they have blocked as many as Yahoo would allow them too and are still getting hit by shit sites.

That and your ads probably aren't as good as you think they are.

I know google and yahoo have totally different users demographically and shit, but the my ads constantly get 35% - 55% CTR on google.

Yahoo must be much more different than I first thought, I will turn this into a winner no doubt bout that, just asking coz I haven't used YSM.

Sticks,
For what it's worth, I dabble in PPC more as a hobby than a career (email is my thing). I started with YSM 3 months ago and gave it all I had, and never could really make it work to the point where I was making serious profit. I think my first month I spent $1700 to make $1900. I was about to say "just not worth it" when I moved everything to Google and got the CTRs you're describing.

Whats frustrating to me is that YAHOO makes money but the volume is so small, you just want to scale right away. But when you scale for some reason, the margins are gone, and you no longer make money. Google has so much volume you can survive comfortably on position #8 vs. Yahoo.

why do u need to block shit domains?

what do u consider shit domains?

i've been profitable on yahoo and have gotten CTRs above 2%

so it's def possible..

oh yes, so far, i've only blocked one domain coz there was once a flood of clicks came in by the minute from this particular domain. other than that, i've never really bothered with sites my ads appear on unless my ads have been appearing there very frequently with zero returns.

Shit domains - toseeka/findstuff/verizon/etc. Turn them off & you'll see better than 2% CTRs.
why do u need to block shit domains?

what do u consider shit domains?

i've been profitable on yahoo and have gotten CTRs above 2%

so it's def possible..

oh yes, so far, i've only blocked one domain coz there was once a flood of clicks came in by the minute from this particular domain. other than that, i've never really bothered with sites my ads appear on unless my ads have been appearing there very frequently with zero returns.

I blocked so much crap that was sent to me from Yahoo that I barely had any clicks left lol. They're such a spammy network and their placements are shit. And that's just search.

is it a cause for concern if prosper202 indicates "no referrer" as the domain your ads appeared on? is that another shitty"site", ie if it's a "site" at all...?

thanks dude but is there no criteria as to what is a shit domain and what is not?
Ok now listen or shut the fuck up. It takes MONEY to test whats shit or whats not. Instead of asking others you should use better tracking to determine which referrers are converting and which ones are not. If we are giving you free advice we OBVIOUSLY paid for it.

Theres no such thing as free lunch. Get your shit togather & go build some campaigns, tweak & profit...

Ok now listen or shut the fuck up. It takes MONEY to test whats shit or whats not. Instead of asking others you should use better tracking to determine which referrers are converting and which ones are not. If we are giving you free advice we OBVIOUSLY paid for it.

Theres no such thing as free lunch. Get your shit togather & go build some campaigns, tweak & profit...

take this, it's good for you...

chill_pill.jpg

You couldn't call something shitty without even testing it. I'm gettting 10-11% CTR on my ads. Same goes for search partner. Some are shitty, but some gives me 500% ROI, consistently. You just have to test it for yourself.

NO FREE LUNCH. lol

Almost 25% of the Yahoo traffic I get comes with NO referrer string and with a keyword NULL. Is there any way to identify the source of this traffic?

You couldn't call something shitty without even testing it. I'm gettting 10-11% CTR on my ads. Same goes for search partner. Some are shitty, but some gives me 500% ROI, consistently. You just have to test it for yourself.

NO FREE LUNCH. lol

agreed

I concur.

Status
Not open for further replies.