iPhone PreOrders

I should be able to walk in the Apple store and just pick one up for free or super cheap with my contract renewal.

I could be wrong, but I'm 90% certain you get no discounts for iPhones with a contract renewal.

If you're right I'd be overjoyed because I've got the same thing happening in July, but I see nothing about it on AT&T's site.

Track down a Best Buy Mobile (the standalone store) in your area. They are usually in a mall. My local ones has tons of available pre-orders for this Thursday. Their reasoning was "most people don't know we exist."

I also got lucky and got a second on Apple.com for June 24 delivery.

Good luck bros

I could be wrong, but I'm 90% certain you get no discounts for iPhones with a contract renewal.

If you're right I'd be overjoyed because I've got the same thing happening in July, but I see nothing about it on AT&T's site.

If you buy an iPhone without a contract it costs $599, with $299.

If you buy an iPhone without a contract it costs $599, with $299.

Ah. I didn't know you could buy them without contracts - I thought AT&T was the only carrier? I meant that if you're already an AT&T customer you won't get a new iPhone for free just because you're renewing your contract.

EDIT: I'm retarded. You're saying if you buy one BEFORE you're up for renewal it costs more.

I bought a 16gb one right when they released the 32gb model and that led to some sort of price drop. Moral is it definitely pays to wait.

Also excited to try OS4 when they release. Finally going to be able to multi-task.

Just got the HTC EVO. Best piece of technology out there. Stream video live, to qik.com/yourNAMEhere. Iphone 4 won't compare, sorry.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

anyone else get the pre-order good news this morn?! DAY EARLY BITCHES!!!

Dear Apple Store Customer,

You recently received a Shipment Notification email from Apple advising you that your iPhone has shipped.

This email is to confirm that your delivery will occur on June 23rd. Although Apple and FedEx tracking information may currently indicate a later date, you can check the FedEx website the morning of the June 23rd to track your package to your doorstep.

preordered on like friday and its telling me mine wont ship until july 14th... kinda bummed. i'm using a shitty go phone until then, sold my 3GS on ebay.

My wife pre-ordered the new 4G in the store yesterday. Couldn't even log-in to the site to get one online so had to order in person.

The reps at the ATT store said there was a line around the corner already when they arrived at work in the morning. He said their systems were down all day and they were still entering info by hand and doing carbon copies of cc when we got there at 8pm.

If you didn't pre-order already it sounds like you better be one of the first in line if you want any chance of getting one. There will be a limited supply at each store.

I work at AT&T (quitting in a week to do AM full time though :thefinger:)

the whole preorder process in my opinion has been a shit show.. the volume of orders and the way it works in the computer system with constant address validations, and a lot of other things caused it to fail for most of the day on the 15th luckily i didnt get in til 5 so i avoided having to do 100 orders on paper...we were there til like midnight punching those fucking things in...

i hear we did about 600,000 pre-orders on the 15th.. apple doesn't have its shit together for that kind of volume and our system just wasn't designed for that type of activity at the same time so yeah it was a cluster fuck.. i finally got mine ordered on apple.com the other day also gonna have a july 15th ship date.. even if you preordered on the 15th in store the ship dates got pushed back by like 2:00 in the afternoon...

if any of you are thinking about trying to get one on the 24th without camping out GOOD LUCK... and your crazy... if i were in your shoes id add somebody as an authorized user on my account and pay em like $50 bucks to wait in line for me..

Pre-order this:
nokia_n8_shot_E_orange_755x497.png

• Main camera
    • 12 megapixel with Carl Zeiss optics
    • HD quality 720p resolution
    • Shoot 16:9 videos in HD
  • Video capture in 720p 25 fps with codecs H.264, MPEG-4
  • Settings for scene, video light, white balance, colour tone
  • HD 720p Video playback on HD TV through HDMI cable
  • *Dolby Digital Plus surround sound when played with HDMI & a home theatre